Page 572 of 577 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5762

Thread: NBA thread

What if Shaq but point guard.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

Dallas was down 14 heading into the final quarter, after giving up 33 and 35 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The Mavs proceed to limit Portland to just 9 points in the 4th, and Luka came through in crunch time, yet again, for the 1 point win. Luka is now 11 for 16 on shots in the final two minutes to tie or take the lead. AlleLuka finished with 28 pts (13 in the 4th), 9 boards, and 6 assists. How the bleep did this guy not make the All-Star roster?

Edit: Portland had won all 33 games this season when entering the 4th quarter with the lead.

That number kind of freaks me out, or it would if I were a Portland supporter, because it means the Trailblazers are 0-21 this season when trailing after 3 quarters.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 02-11-2019 at 01:53 AM.

It's been only two games since the trade, but man, Philly looks awesome.

Ben Simmons took a 3!
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Ben Simmons took a 3!
    My son has been playing NBA Live, and he knows only the bare minimum about the NBA at this point - it's tough for a little kid to get into it when games mostly start after bed time. Anyway, since he's new to the game he can't really beat the defense and jacks a lot of threes, regardless of who he's controlling. So in a way I've seen Ben Simmons take dozens of threes, watching him play.

So I'm watching the game yesterday and I see that shot go up and Mark Jones is like "Simmons takes a three?!?" and his bewilderment was endearing (the only thing that's ever been endearing about an ABC NBA broadcast) and I just had this weird sorta meta NBA Live moment. It wasn't really a bad shot, is the funny thing - I'm guessing he could make as many as Antetokounmpo makes.
    We're on an express elevator to hell. Goin' down!

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    10 out of 22 from behind the arc. That kind of efficiency should be more commonplace for the Sixers with these new weapons.
    Ben Simmons took a 3!
    Sixers dropped 143 points on the Lakers and went 12 of 24 on treys. The team as a whole should probably shoot more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Sixers dropped 143 points on the Lakers and went 12 of 24 on treys. The team as a whole should probably shoot more of them.
    They shot 56% for the game, so I'm not sure if your analysis is really all that well analyzed. 30 points in the paint in the first quarter was reportedly the most by any team this year, I guess in a first quarter, but maybe in any quarter; you know I mean ABC only does a game every few months or whatever so it's not like we should expect them to explain their statistics.

I've never really heard of any data that says if a team shoots 12 of 24 from three, then they also would shoot 18 of 36 or 24 of 48 or whatever. If you watched the game you would have seen that the key to the high scoring and efficiency was extra passes and improved spacing over how they played pre-Harris. They took open threes (and J.J. took whatever he felt like) and hit them, or drove past ponderous Laker defenses.
    We're on an express elevator to hell. Goin' down!

Shooting 50% on treys is the same as shooting 75% on normal shots.

I never suggested a team would shoot the same percentage with more volume. Knock yourself out making such proposals and arguing with yourself. That seems like a winning proposition.

It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to think the Sixers would be well served to do more of something they are obviously much improved at with their recent acquisitions. I'd be very surprised if their 3 point attempts don't continue to rise for the remainder of the season as they finally get a chance to practice together. The Sixers had nothing more than a walkthrough to integrate the new talent before their first game.

I suspect the Sixers will take more threes than they had previously because Tobias Harris is an excellent three point shooter who they didn't have prior to the trade.

I suspect the Sixers will take more threes than they had previously because Tobias Harris is an excellent three point shooter who they didn't have prior to the trade.
    Ditto for Mike Scott.

TIL, that Mike Scott's nickname is "The Threegional Manager."
    Last edited by darkhorse; 02-11-2019 at 12:16 PM.