Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527
Results 5,261 to 5,269 of 5269

Thread: NBA thread

The qualifier is that Davis has to stay healthy, which he has had trouble with at times. Without him, they're not a playoff team.
    No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    The qualifier is that Davis has to stay healthy, which he has had trouble with at times. Without him, they're not a playoff team.
    Without him they could be a bottom five team. He's a not so darkhorse MVP candidate.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

I have the toes I have hamonrye's Avatar
    Knicks 82-0 don't @ me

Getting to watch the NBA debuts of Doncic and DeAndre Ayton. Noice!

Both are off to terrific starts.

NBA League Pass is free, though in standard definition, for a week, so I watched a lot of the early games, particularly ATL-NYK to see Trae Young and hope to glimpse some Omari Spellman, which I got in garbage time (looks biiiiiiig) and MIL-CHA because I had Giannis in my Fanduel lineup and also to see Donte DiVincenzo, although he was almost never in when I was tuned in. Antetokounmpo only missed a quadruple double by 2 assists and 2 turnovers. Allonzo Trier, not someone I was familiar with, had a monster dunk that was the only thing remotely good about the Hawks-Knicks game. And of course the Rockets looked turrrible - who'd have thunk adding Melo and Michael Carter-Williams to a team would not be all positive.

Having League Pass in HD would be an awfully enjoyable luxury, and $199 isn't actually a terrible price for it, but thinking about it, I don't even want to be tempted to watch that much basketball. If I have that much time on my hands I should be using it in some other way. That said, if they wanted to tempt me to buy League Pass, they should have shown it to me in HD, because now I'm wondering if it even is in HD. Quick research online suggests that it is, but only since last year (wtf?). At any rate, if Comcast thinks me watching TV so blurry I can't tell the players apart is an enticing way to get me to shell out $200, they must not know me very well.
    One old man is enough.

Shit, the first time I ever saw sports in HD ruined standard for me forever, and that had to be a decade ago.
    This is not my new signature.

Lakers/Trailblazers about to get underway. This should be fun.

LeBron has never played on an uptempo team in his 14 years in the NBA. This team definitely wants to run and put on a show. Not too many of the youngsters impressed for the Lakers in tonight's loss, with Josh Hart the big exception. Announcers were pointing out the Lakers lack of longball shooting and tonight LA nailed 60% of their two's but were only successful on 23% behind the arc. They weren't shy though hoisting up 30 treys.

Chris Webber opined that he could see the Lakers winning 40 games but wasn't sure they were playoff material. Uh, what? This team won 35 last year without the greatest player on the planet.

Playing Kuzma at center and power forward seems like a bad idea. He looks so small against those skycrapers and when it cuts into Javale McGee's playing time, it seems really stupid. Rebounding and defense are going to suffer with that distribution of talent.

Edit: Just read the recap and the Blazers have won 16 consecutive games against LA. They've also won an NBA record 18 straight home openers. Dayam!
    Last edited by darkhorse; Today at 12:49 AM.

That game was so much fun to watch. I agree Javale McGee needs to be on the court as much as possible. But I did like what was happening when a rebound came LeBrons way, he'd start dribbling up court right away and everybody would run, not allowing the defense to set up. I wonder if the old guys will have the energy to run all year long, though. Can't say it wasn't fun to watch