Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Trade block

I have some second line players available if anyone is interested.

C Ginger Wiggs - A solid catcher, has dominated in AAA but hasn't had much playing time in the bigs.
    2B Svenbjom Granblad - A solid second baseman who was worth 2.6 WAR back in 1921.
    3B Ed Biddle - A former all-star third baseman. Past his prime but still decent and on a cheap contract.
    LF Monte Labelle - A very good defensive Left Fielder who was a 5 year starter and always had an OPS+ of more than 110. He had a down year coming of the bench but he should still be good.

All these guys could be starters but are blocked on my team. The only reason I am looking to trade them is they are out of option years and I don't have room for all of them on the major league roster.
    Seattle Steelheads
    TCBA Champions: 1914, 1920

Philadelphia Pride
    OTBL Champions: 2026, 2028

Atlanta Firebirds
    CL Champions: N/A

Los Angeles Valiant
    OWL Champions: N/A

The Chicago Packers potentially have a few guys available! Looking to deal a couple of these dudes under the right circumstances:

- 2B Bob Rickey - The 24 year old can play all 3 OF positions in addition to 2B, and posted a 3 WAR season last year while leading the TCBA in SB.
    - SS Ross Youngs - At age 26, Youngs can play anywhere except C or 1B. He posted a 2.1 WAR in just 84 starts, and is ready to take your team to the next level.
    - CF T. Vincent - At age 25, the mysterious T. Vincent is hitting his prime, ready to play all 3 positions and has been described as an "above average big league centerfielder." Hit .346 last year.
    - RF Jake Riche - At age 31, the former #1 overall pick is coming off a 2.2 WAR season where he batted .358 with 45 XBH.
    - 3B Matty Sneller - The 28 year old won't wow you, but he's someone you can throw in there everyday at 3B, LF, or RF, and he'll give you solid production. Hit .324 last year in a part-time role.
    - SS Rip Helton - The great-great grandfather of Todd, Rip brings you solid defense at all infield positions, with 2B possibly being his best spot. One of the fastest players in the TCBA.

I could use a pitching upgrade or the chance to bolster a minor league system that ranks #19/20 in the TCBA. But I have no money for FAs, so need to try to make my moves on the trade market!

So I'm willing to at listen listen to offers for the first pick in the draft and thus Jimmie Foxx. He's of course blocked at first base by Lou Gehrig but he looks like he could play a passable catcher so I'm not exactly itching to move the pick. But if I get a strong enough offer I'd be willing to do it. I'd need at the least either a top five pick in the current draft or a young player the equivalent of that level and additional other young player or players depending on the package. Hit me up if interested.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

In the pines, in the pines where the sun never shines
    If anyone's got a decent corner OF who they don't have room for, I could be interested, especially if he's a lefty. Offering 'spects, starting with one of my catchers: Rivera, Dickerson, Lasorda, Robinson.

I won't trade Sothern, Fredrick, Carlyle, Waltz, Lamar, or Ochoa just for the OFer, although I could see trading Waltz or Carlyle if I'm getting a prospect or pick back in addition.
    Founder, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer: Top #1 Aces Posting Club (not affiliated with A-1 Aces Posting Club)

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Boston will have some outfielders on the block to undo a little bit of a logjam and to clear some salary space.

LF Tom Woodford - 27 years old and coming off his third consecutive season with an OPS over 1.000. Provides decent outfield defense in either corner.

RF Ernie Guillon - 30 years old and probably past his prime, but also definitely underrated by his star rating. He provides decent offense and scintillating defense in the corners (plus decent CF range). Coming off of his fifth consecutive season of 4+ WAR.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

In light of our dismal start to the season, Kansas is placing some oldes and some not so oldes on the block:

1B Carl Glass: 26 years old, 35 HR in 431 major league plate appearances. I like him but he's not really a Kansas-type player, and I've got someone else burning a hole in my minors. Something like a low first and fourth round pick or equivalent would get him.

SS Roger Peckinpaugh: 33 years old, not an MVP anymore but still a 5 WAR player with his defense and on base skills. Signed for 28k next year with a team option the year after. I'd want something of value for him.

OF Ty Cobb: 37 years old, hitting .333 in 154 PAs this year. Yours for a marginal prospect.

OF Edd Roush: 31 years old, 3 time all-star, 7 time gold glove winner. Yours for a couple of marginal prospects.

RPs Money, Angell, Trekel, Hummell: all decent relievers, I'd take a couple of marginal prospects for Money but the others would cost a little more.

3B Phil McFarren: if you have a hole at 3B, he's a 3-4 WAR player. Yours for a 2-3-star prospect or 3rd round pick.

John Mason and Rondin Reinke are also available cheap if you need a righty platoon guy at 1B or C respectively.
    Founder, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer: Top #1 Aces Posting Club (not affiliated with A-1 Aces Posting Club)

LF Elmer Smith is still available. .997 OPS, set the franchise record for homeruns last season. The man can flat out hit. Not even looking for full value in return, I just want to move him out so I can play both of my young corner OFs Boone and Bublitz.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    In light of our dismal start to the season, Kansas is placing some oldes and some not so oldes on the block:

1B Carl Glass: 26 years old, 35 HR in 431 major league plate appearances. I like him but he's not really a Kansas-type player, and I've got someone else burning a hole in my minors. Something like a low first and fourth round pick or equivalent would get him.

SS Roger Peckinpaugh: 33 years old, not an MVP anymore but still a 5 WAR player with his defense and on base skills. Signed for 28k next year with a team option the year after. I'd want something of value for him.

OF Ty Cobb: 37 years old, hitting .333 in 154 PAs this year. Yours for a marginal prospect.

OF Edd Roush: 31 years old, 3 time all-star, 7 time gold glove winner. Yours for a couple of marginal prospects.

RPs Money, Angell, Trekel, Hummell: all decent relievers, I'd take a couple of marginal prospects for Money but the others would cost a little more.

3B Phil McFarren: if you have a hole at 3B, he's a 3-4 WAR player. Yours for a 2-3-star prospect or 3rd round pick.

John Mason and Rondin Reinke are also available cheap if you need a righty platoon guy at 1B or C respectively.
    Eh, never mind- we've climbed back into the race and are now buyers instead of sellers. Looking for a LHP, preferably a starter but possibly a reliever. He doesn't have to be that good, league average is fine. Would also consider a BLOCKBUSTER for a really good 2B. Offering 'spects 'n' picks.

I'd like to add a starting pitcher. I have a few good outfield prospects I don't have room for, I could move Vern Bauch, Bert Waterfield, or Smead Jolley.
    frmrly chipperjones10 of OTBL fame.