Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread where Manny doesn't have to try to make himself like the Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    I've dropped BP!
    I've dropped BM.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

Nats are now 7-2, which means that if they play at my projected 89 win pace for the rest of the season, they'll win 91 games.
    "There is no trying in Monkey Rodeo. You either go out and do it, or you don't."

I want to like Rick Ankiel. He's great defensively at all three OF positions, great arm, fast, smart player... and even with the whole PED incident it's still a good story. if only he could OPS in the .700-.750 range (which shouldn't be that hard since he's left handed) he'd be a really good 4th OF and even someone I wouldn't hate as our starting CF under the circumstances. But it just looks more and more like he can't hit at all.
    Last edited by MannyTrillo; 04-15-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    "There is no trying in Monkey Rodeo. You either go out and do it, or you don't."

dola

Nats and Reds go to extra innings for the third game in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    Nats are now 7-2, which means that if they play at my projected 89 win pace for the rest of the season, they'll win 91 games.
    The 10-3 Nats now project to 92 wins if they play at an 89 win pace the rest of the season.
    Last edited by MannyTrillo; 04-18-2012 at 10:00 PM.

The other thing with pitching depth is that most teams don't have that. So if the starters stay healthy they can deal from strength to patch holes elsewhere.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    The other thing with pitching depth is that most teams don't have that. So if the starters stay healthy they can deal from strength to patch holes elsewhere.
    True, particularly if a position player gets hurt. The only problem is, I think Edwin Jackson is the only guy they could feasibly trade. I don't think they'll get much for John Lannan because of the $5m salary, Wang isn't going to be very interesting to anyone, and I don't think Detwiler's trade value is very high. Of course Strasburg and Gonzales aren't going anywhere, and I don't think Jordan Zimmermann is either. That leaves only Jackson.

If the return was good enough I bet they would move anyone but Stras
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    I want to like Rick Ankiel. He's great defensively at all three OF positions, great arm, fast, smart player... and even with the whole PED incident it's still a good story. if only he could OPS in the .700-.750 range (which shouldn't be that hard since he's left handed) he'd be a really good 4th OF and even someone I wouldn't hate as our starting CF under the circumstances. But it just looks more and more like he can't hit at all.
    He's good for an occasional jonron but that's about all you'll get out of him. Won't get on base, won't put it in play much.
    frmrly chipperjones10 of OTBL fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    If the return was good enough I bet they would move anyone but Stras
    They just traded all those prospects tor Gio and then signed him to a long term extension so I cant see him going. Zimmermann maybe though.