Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Trade block thread

I could really use another outfielder, particularly one who isn't awful against lefties. Defense is important and I'm also very averse to injury prone guys. Prospects that I absolutely do not want to trade are Darren Garrison, Jim Short, and probably Don Pace. That would put some of my other top prospects on the block, like Jose Rodriguez, Goro Kan, Chris Smith, Juan Flores, and Joe Gregory. I'm not necessarily looking for a star, just a productive player I can put in the lineup every day. I can take on about $4m in salary, and could also send Edwin Atkins' $2m contract back.
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

I have a few guys who could be useful to a contender and won't cost you too much.

- SS Shawn Landrum - Can play anywhere in the infield. At 32, he had almost 2 WAR last year and 3 the year before, and has an 877 OPS so far this year. Signed for $8M this offseason, he would cost the balance of that and then be a FA at the end of the year.
    - LF Pat Anderson - At age 37 he's on his last legs but still useful against right handed pitchers. Batting .261, can get on base, and play all 3 OF positions. Available for very minimal compensation.
    - 1B Glen Burton / 1B Jesus Vargas / 1B Al Hicks - All three are serviceable 1B who can hit for power and are just entering their prime. I like all three, especially Burton, but I don't need 3 major-league ready 1B.
    - RP Ron Kirby - Had a 2.08 ERA in 47 innings last, and 1.06 ERA so far this year. Can even start games in a pinch.

As always, looking for prospects or picks. All guys are useful but I'm not making the playoffs this year, so I'm open to shopping around.

Bump

Few potentially useful guys who won't cost too much in compensation:

- SS Shawn Landrum - Can play anywhere in the infield. At 32, he had almost 2 WAR last year and 3 the year before, and has a positive WAR this year while playing part-time. Signed for $8M this offseason, he would cost the balance of that and then be a FA at the end of the year.
    - 2B Manny Astocio - Has a 1.041 OPS against lefties this year and can provide a little positional versatility in the infield. Making peanuts for the rest of the year.
    - RP Tetsu Ichikawa - 29 and durable, posting a 7.7 K/9 in 78 innings so far this year. Still on a minimum contract. He's good but I have some young guys I want to give innings to.

Minneapolis Trade Block

SP Tony Farmer - if you're interested in this certain HOFer, you should have excellent prospects available in exchange.
    2B/SS Lambert Daalmeijer - stellar defense, decent hitter for his position, in his peak years now.
    2B Joong Chaim - excellent fielder, very fast, three years left on contract.
    LF Norbert Nelson - solid, if unspectacular, three years left on contract.
    C Vinny Melendez - can be had cheaply.

Entering rebuilding mode, so looking for prospects, draft picks, and young cheap pitching.

I am entertaining the idea of dealing Victor Romero given my wealth of pitching and to free up some long-term payroll space. I recognize his injury concern and will absolutely take that into account, but he's also extremely talented and a year removed from 197 innings of a 2.91 ERA and 4.2 WAR. To hedge against the risk, he's only guaranteed two more years at $10m this year and $12m the next, with two option years after that.

I could use a young outfielder or just some youth of any kind. I dunno, make me an offer.
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

If you give me back Seth Smathers, I'll trade him back to you for Romero, and the cycle will be complete.
    Blog is back. Get it while it still exists!

Latest post from 11/13/18: 9 Amazing Facts About Lions that Will Shock - I'll admit, I kind of phoned this one. But the lion facts are 100% real and the Lion King images are 100% without permission.

In the pines, in the pines where the sun never shines
    I hereby place my first player on the block. It is, 3B Trey Bernosky. Cranked 35 dingers last year, rated 5 at 2B and SS too, and entering the last year of $18m contract. I'm flexible about what I get back, except for 1B and middle IF my team is absolute garbage. Spects and picks preferred.
    "There is no trying in Monkey Rodeo. You either go out and do it, or you don't."