Page 319 of 323 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3221

Thread: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrims View Post
    I have a playthrough of Ultima VII on my (long-term) play list. Currently I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins for the first(!) time. I'm about six hours in and having a lot of fun with it so far. The dialogue is solid and the story is interesting. My middle son has completed two playthroughs and has been encouraging me to play for a while.
    Loved VII...such a great game. So, too, was IV. Then there is "Pagan" (VIII) which had some cool elements, but the original editions with all the crazy jumping literally made the game unplayable.
    CHICAGO NAVIES, TCBA
    ~
    First in Poles, and sausage rolls
    But last in the Western Division

OAKLAND OAKS
    CONTINENTAL LEAGUE
    1961 CHAMPIONS

Kingdoms of Amalur, the game that bankrupted hateful doofus Curt Schilling, is on sale at Steam for 5 bucks. Did any of you fellas play this game back in the day?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10...lur_Reckoning/

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur, the game that bankrupted hateful doofus Curt Schilling, is on sale at Steam for 5 bucks. Did any of you fellas play this game back in the day?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10...lur_Reckoning/
    The last girlfriend of mine was a big player of this. I'll have to ask how she found it.
    Montreal Royals - 1899-1912, 1915-Present
    New England Midnight Riders - 2026-Present

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eck View Post
    Try Ultima IV. It's the one where the mechanics start to work right. And yes, we did have astonishing patience. I spent probably 200 hours on Ultima IV and still never figured out a couple core things because there was no easy way to learn them. I went back and played it start-to-finish a few years ago and it still held up reasonably well.
    This is what I should have done. Instead, I spent as much time as I could stand grinding my party in Ultima III and then got massacred against the final enemy of the game. I uninstalled it immediately afterwards - maybe I'll come back to it later, but I'll try IV for now.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

I picked up Verdant Skies today and if you like Stardew Valley, a space setting, and plant genetics as much as I do, you'll probably like it. I haven't played it enough to know how deep it is but I lost the evening to it.

Also picked up Deep Sixed, which Rock Paper Shotgun described as being a Miles O'Brien simulator. Bought it without reading more.

Between the Civ VI expansion and a few other games coming out next month, it's looking like a great couple of months for PC gaming. Surviving Mars on 3/15 and Frostpunk on 3/31 are the others I'm really excited about.

I saw that Verdant Skies had two user reviews at Steam and zero reviews at Metacritic and thought, "Damn, did this game come out today?"

Yes.

Edit: Ditto for Deep Sixed.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 02-13-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    I saw that Verdant Skies had two user reviews at Steam and zero reviews at Metacritic and thought, "Damn, did this game come out today?"

Yes.

Edit: Ditto for Deep Sixed.
    I'd been following Verdant Skies since October because I was looking for a good Stardew Valley replacement - great game but I've pretty much played it out at this point. Seems like a suitable replacement in the relaxing game genre so far.

Deep Sixed was a complete blind buy but sounds right up my alley. Too tired tonight for a stressful game though, I'll report back once I get a chance to play it some.

Anyone of you playing Kingdom Come Deliverance? Looks like a game for you lot.

At $60, it won't be a game for me anytime soon.

I've been watching people playing it on Twitch. It's a pretty realistic open world game set in Holy Roman Empire. No fantasy elements.