Page 322 of 322 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322
Results 3,211 to 3,219 of 3219

Thread: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by lastplaneout View Post
    Playing around with OOTP 19. Early verdict is that this is the ugliest interface that they have put together in a while. The 3D stuff seems flaky enough that I probably won't use it.
    So "wait until the World Series sale after the bugs are fixed" this year?

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    So "wait until the World Series sale after the bugs are fixed" this year?
    Can't say that yet, as I haven't played through more than a few games, but I certainly hope no one bought this with the expectation that the 3D stuff would resemble real baseball.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

Can't say that yet, as I haven't played through more than a few games, but I certainly hope no one bought this with the expectation that the 3D stuff would resemble real baseball.
    It reminds me of MicroLeague.

Playing around with OOTP 19. Early verdict is that this is the ugliest interface that they have put together in a while. The 3D stuff seems flaky enough that I probably won't use it.
    My opinion was pretty much the exact opposite of both of those things. The UI really clicks for me and the 3D stuff seemed pretty great for a 1st stab in the one game I played. Some of the animations were clunky but having players instead of pawns was a huge plus.

I think part of the issue might be playing it on a laptop - so the giant header section of the display tends to force everything off the bottom of my screen. There are just so many buttons, and having angled edges for all of them makes the interface look even more crowded than it would otherwise.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

I think part of the issue might be playing it on a laptop - so the giant header section of the display tends to force everything off the bottom of my screen. There are just so many buttons, and having angled edges for all of them makes the interface look even more crowded than it would otherwise.
    I'm playing it on a desktop with a huge monitor, and my opinion is closer to kingcharlesxii's.

Switching over to the smaller font mode has helped in this case. The 3D is still not doing it for me, but I'm starting to think that there might be a graphics setting that I need to adjust to get it looking correct (as is, I'm seeing lots of flickering and glitching).

Switching over to the smaller font mode has helped in this case. The 3D is still not doing it for me, but I'm starting to think that there might be a graphics setting that I need to adjust to get it looking correct (as is, I'm seeing lots of flickering and glitching).
    Yeah, I definitely didn't notice that. Check your graphics drivers but it could be a bug on OOTP's end.

I played a bit of Frostpunk yesterday and I think I really like it, too early to say for sure though. It's a very pretty game and has some interesting decisions. It also seems really fairly hard - my first attempt was an unmitigated disaster that I took as a learning experience. I then noticed it had pretty good tutorial popups and didn't try to do too much at once. The second attempt was going really well but then it threw me a curveball that I was not at all prepared for and I'm not sure I'll be able to recover from.

You get pieces of the story on the way and it's got me hooked. Not sure how many hours you'll get out of it but it has 3 scenarios to start with and at least 1 more coming for free. 11bit is becoming one of my favorite game studios (they also made This War of Mine).