Page 1491 of 1547 FirstFirst ... 4919911391144114811489149014911492149315011541 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,910 of 15466

Thread: Talk MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Well, the idea of Ohtani being a two-way players was fun while it lasted
    Counterpoint:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-...s-lesser-half/

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Well, the idea of Ohtani being a two-way players was fun while it lasted
    Comparing a star young hitter from the J-League to a high school player is silly.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 03-10-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Arrieta???!
    Last edited by Sixto; 03-12-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    One old man is enough.

Also, I have to say, Ohtani's swing has always looked awkward to me. Since I am not a scout I just assumed that there was something wrong with my observation.
    One old man is enough.

I am a F, B, I, Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    The Eagles just won the Super Bowl. The Phillies might have looked at that and wondered if that city championship bought them some coasting time or remembered, hey, this is Philly where the fans have short memories and high expectations and figured they better at least try and contend.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

Such ingratitude, after all the times I saved your life.

It's good that they're trying to win this year. Sometimes young teams click a year before they're supposed to. It probably won't work, but it's not my money and adds to the number of potential wild cards. I think the NL will be more fun than the AL this season.
    No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session -- Mark Twain

That's what happened last year in Minnesota; they arrived a year early. Strangely they slumped before the deadline and became sellers, trading away Jaime Garcia (after trading for him like a week earlier)and Brandon Kintzler. Somehow, everything clicked again and they made the playoffs anyway.

Speaking of Twins moves, I am totally impressed with the new front office. They have had the best offseason I can remember the Twins ever having. I'm really looking forward to having a great, forward-thinking front office for years to come.

The Phillies have the money to spend and even if nothing works out this year, they can still afford whatever player(s) they want next season. They're sitting on a ton of money they could spend on players in the next 5 years.

Considering how many teams are projected to be bad in the NL this year, I could see a .500 team (or worse) getting the 2nd wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
    Considering how many teams are projected to be bad in the NL this year, I could see a .500 team (or worse) getting the 2nd wildcard.
    I'm not sure I agree with that. A bunch of bad NL teams should raise the records of the wild card contenders rather than lower them. The Marlins alone may be 50 games under .500. The Braves will be doing well to be 20 games under. That's a lot of wins for the rest of the NL East. The Western teams will likely beat up on each other, but at least a couple of them other than the Dodgers should win 85 games. I count Mets, Phillies, Brewers, Cardinals, and the three middle teams in the NL West all as potential wild cards (some more likely than others). Second wild card should be closer to 87 wins than 81. That's a lot more fun than the AL, where the Twins and the Angels look like the only two teams other than Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, and Indians likely to break .500.
    No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session -- Mark Twain

It could go that way or the top teams could get the extra wins instead. So yes, we might have 5 teams approaching 90 wins or it might be 4 teams approaching 92 wins and the rest a tier down. I guess it depends on how much better you think the last playoff spot contenders will be compared to the bottom teams (I'm not convinced they'll be much better, the teams that are bad have a lot of near-ready young talent).