Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cities: Skylines

Here's Powatan Valley, which I've been working on the past couple days. It's built on the map in the Workshop of the same name. I've been playing with all milestones unlocked but not with unlimited money. Population is 21K and I'm making about $10K per week. The newest part of the city is in the foreground, as I've only recently come across the river (to drill out some oil that is now gone).

Fired up the Xbox One version the other day with my son. He plays SimCity on his iPad and gets terribly frustrated at its awful limitations. This game is too complicated for him at the moment - it's too complicated for me at the moment - but we're working on it together and he's loving it. For me the only reason to really get excited to play the game long term is if I can use all the user-created urban buildings because IHOPs and ranch houses don't really do it for me (even though I'm surrounded by them) but it's not clear as yet whether I can access that content from the Xbox (probably not). Playing it with the boy though makes it worthwhile.

I hate, as I have always hated with SC, the way the game pushes you to build fast fast fast. And the way the zoning worked by default I hated, but now I've got square-by-square zoning ticked on, so that's better. I'm excited to be able to just build roads any which way, and I was deliberately careless with the perpendicularity of the roads just because I've never been able to be in almost 30 years of city-building gaming. Not usually a rebel but I'll admit it felt good.
    Last edited by Sixto; 05-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Heritage Court's furry residents can enjoy the dog agility course and pet spa, truly defines what a pet friendly is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    Here's Powatan Valley, which I've been working on the past couple days. It's built on the map in the Workshop of the same name. I've been playing with all milestones unlocked but not with unlimited money. Population is 21K and I'm making about $10K per week. The newest part of the city is in the foreground, as I've only recently come across the river (to drill out some oil that is now gone).
    Okay, that looks great! Seems like a lot of tall buildings for 21K people, but I understand that's the way the game works.