Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OOTP Perfect Team

Quote Originally Posted by treedom View Post
    This may as well have been a different game. In fact, I wish it was because now OOTP proper will have to share feature bullet points with this new game mode that I have zero interest in. Since it's brand new (ie probably buggy) and shiny, it will probably see the majority of development work. I may just stop buying OOTP from here on out if this is the case. I mean, I'm happy with the current version and if it starts seeing no improvement at all because all the dev work is going into the card collection mode.....*shrug*
    I'm not terribly interested in it myself but they did say it was basically a separate dev working on it and wouldn't take any time away from the main game.

I'm enjoying it. From what I understand they hired a developer specifically for this...so no development resources have been taken away from the core game at all.

The current iteration is considered open beta and has been pretty smooth. The Rain Kings are currently 4 games up in the Alpha Roe Home NC West Division in early July of season 1 (I think they plan on changing to hall of famers names for divisions in the official release).

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    The Orange Non-Rhymers are still in the entry league with a 1-1 record. I'm liking this. It's like an online league where I don't disappoint anyone else.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

The Leagues run Monday-Saturday, playoffs on Sunday. So, you'll end up in a low level "Rookie league" on Monday morning. There is some sort of promotion-relegation system where teams will then move up & down based on their results.

Quote Originally Posted by UngratefulDead View Post
    I enjoy this mode in The Show, but that's because I actually get to see the pudgy Bambino waddle to the plate or whatever. In OOTP I just don't care. The Babe is good, but he'd never get a hit in as many games in a row as Tommy Sisco. Where's my Tommy Sisco card?
    You can watch the replays of these games, so as the 3D graphics improve this could end up scratching that kind of itch.

It's new so it's bad. Those are the rules.
    Blog is back. Get it while it still exists!

Latest post from 11/13/18: 9 Amazing Facts About Lions that Will Shock - I'll admit, I kind of phoned this one. But the lion facts are 100% real and the Lion King images are 100% without permission.

In the pines, in the pines where the sun never shines
    I don't know what this is. After reading this thread, I have made the decision not to find out.
    "There is no trying in Monkey Rodeo. You either go out and do it, or you don't."

I am a F....B....I Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    I don't know what this is. After reading this thread, I have made the decision not to find out.
    The name is just awful, I will give you that. Just terrible. Was it named by someone with very limited English skills? It sounds like something that made sense in their original language but this is what happened after it was run through a couple of online language translators.
    Last edited by LivnLegend; 11-08-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

Such ingratitude, after all the times I saved your life.

Quote Originally Posted by that article cda linked to
    Out of the Park Developments is planning to add a live head-to-head component to the Perfect Team
    Blog is back. Get it while it still exists!

Latest post from 11/13/18: 9 Amazing Facts About Lions that Will Shock - I'll admit, I kind of phoned this one. But the lion facts are 100% real and the Lion King images are 100% without permission.

I mean, I do tell the few people who are ever in a position to learn about the TCBA that I'm playing "fantasy baseball" so I guess that helps with the illusion?
    Philadelphia Red Stockings
    Transcontinental Baseball Association
    NYCL/East Champions: 1880, 1881, 1883, 1885, 1887, 1894, 1896, 1901, 1903, 1907, 1914, 1915, 1921
    Transcontinental League Champions: 1880, 1881, 1885, 1896, 1903
    Manager of the Year: 1880, 1881, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1892, 1903, 1905, 1907, 1921