Thread: Stuff in my office building

Stuff in my office building

The rain is unrelenting in North Texas but I just had to get out and walk this afternoon. So rather than get soaked outside, I walked up to the fourth (top) floor in my building on one stair case, walked across the floor to the other staircase, down to three, across to the other staircase and so on until I got back to my office on the first floor. Not much, but not nothing. Anyway, after working in this building for something like three years now, I saw a few interesting offices for the first time along the way, the most interesting of which were all up on the fourth floor:

• The home office of the Professional Futsal League. According to Wikipedia, this Mark Cuban-backed venture is more or less dormant at the moment. I didn't see anyone inside when I walked by
    • Creedon PLLC. You can imagine my disappointment after I looked this one up and found out that it wasn't a joint venture* between two of our favo[u]rite Canadian code jockeys (* weed pun partially intended, maybe; note also that this office is located in Suite 420)
    • Some outfit called the Music & Audience Exchange (MAX). Cool logo and even cooler looking office. I'd guess they're burning through EPOCH amounts of venture capital on the way to tech oblivion

Updates as rain and indoor walkabouts allow.
    Last edited by jgross68; 10-19-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    OTBL Corp. Employee of the Month, August 2009

There are those who call me... Jim?
    SixPitchers.com |

:thatshrugsmileyiwasusingWAYbeforeitwasmainstream: --> \_(ツ)_/

"In fairness, I contributed nothing of substance to this discussion."

Yeah, I've got PLLC's all over the place, man, but that ain't one of them.

All the floors at our office are controlled access, so you need a card to make it past the elevator lobbies and can't even get off the staircase without one, unless you "piggyback" your way in. I do know there's a bank in the lobby, but that's nowhere near as interesting.
    disco!

call trans opt: received. Izabela's Avatar
    Did you find any bone saws?
    The canary in the coalmine

My office is above a professional diving school on a pier.

The weather's been miserable the past couple days, so I've taken to doing my interior walkabouts again. The latest:

• There was an umbrella lying open on the floor inside an office of the PFL headquarters on the fourth floor yesterday. Today, that umbrella was not there. Could this mean professional futsal is coming to America in 2019?
    • A sign next to a access card-controlled side door on the third floor reads "WHITE ENERGY / Employee's [sic] Only". A quick scan of the first floor directory reveals that there is indeed a company called White Energy located on the third floor, but I can't shake the feeling that ol' Jim Crow is alive and well at the Hall Office Park.

As always, news and updates will be posted here as events and inclement weather warrant.
    Last edited by jgross68; 01-03-2019 at 04:19 PM.

SixPitchers.com |

Rent is astronomical here because we have Big Pharma and financial management companies here. Most our shiny new office space is empty because everyone builds their buildings to attract pharmaceutical companies and hedge funds and wouldn't dream of lowering their $/SF just to have an occupied building, that's nuts!

So the vast majority of companies in this area are housed in 50-year-old office buildings and office parks, converted warehouses and converted houses. In the 18 years I've been with this company we've been in a converted apartment, another converted apartment, a converted garage, a converted warehouse, and space that was built speculatively to attract doctors who would have been down the street from a hospital that was never built. Job before that we were in a converted house and an old medical building. Job before that was a partially converted warehouse. I haven't had the pleasure of being in a respectable, glass-encased building since my first job, which I left in 1999.
    Heritage Court's furry residents can enjoy the dog agility course and pet spa, truly defines what a pet friendly is all about.

I am a F....B....I Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
    Rent is astronomical here because we have Big Pharma and financial management companies here. Most our shiny new office space is empty because everyone builds their buildings to attract pharmaceutical companies and hedge funds and wouldn't dream of lowering their $/SF just to have an occupied building, that's nuts!
    How's the bathroom situation?

I recently thought of a classic old Sixto post when I found a quiet three stall/two urinal bathroom in an rarely used corner of the first floor of our building. It's unoccupied 100% of the time outside of when there are occasional meetings in the conference room nearby. Otherwise it's just a corridor to go to the next building over. Every other bathroom I've seen here, including the two on my 5th floor, are like Grand Central Station with regard to the traffic flow.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

Such ingratitude, after all the times I saved your life.

Quote Originally Posted by LivnLegend View Post
    How's the bathroom situation?
    It's pretty good, thanks for asking! The addition of the two extra rest rooms (all four are single occupancy) has really helped most days. The only problem is Wednesdays, when our weekly is delivered, mostly by 88-year-old men, who come by the office to pick the copies up and generally to use the facilities (or steal our bagels). Let's just say they use the rest room early, often, and poorly.
    Heritage Court's furry residents can enjoy the dog agility course and pet spa, truly defines what a pet friendly is all about.

OMG, you guys! There was a meeting taking place in the PFL office today!

current weather conditions in Frisco, TX: 60F (16C) with light rain

SixPitchers.com |