Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Talk 2020 Democratic Primary

She also shockingly just picked up the super coveted Gavin Newsome endorsement. I suppose that might matter to some people, I guess.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

He’s a potential VP pick for a non-Californian candidate, so it’s interesting that he’s endorsed someone who can’t choose him as her running mate.
    2017 NFL Loser’s Pool Champion!

He’d leave little notes for himself saying ‘You are not a chicken,’ although sometimes he thought he hwas lying.

Kamala seems to have some skills.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    Matt Bruenig's People's Policy Project just released a new Family Fun Pack that seems like a good minimum for Democratic candidates to sign onto.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

1. Kamala Harris - 23˘ : hold

Looks like she's winning right now and is getting severely overvalued in the market as a result but I think the chance is too high that she actually will win, which would still pay off at this price, to advise anyone to sell. She really does look formidable.

2. Joe Biden - 20˘ : sell

By God, sell. Dude has no chance. Literally right now he's giving $150,000 per appearance speeches and demanding angel pasta in the contract instead of building a campaign. He's dust.

3. Beto O'Rourke - 16˘ : sell

I still think it makes so much sense for the guy to run now while he's a celebrity and that he'd be a fool not to. But he's been dithering and I think he's gone from under to overrated. If he's picking up endorsements and party support behind the scenes then that's one thing but if he's really vacillating then he's been wasting very valuable time while giving some truly formidable opponents a major head start. This rating could very easily change in any direction at any time.

4. Bernie Sanders - 14˘ : sell

Pass.

5. Elizabeth Warren - 9˘ : buy

No doubt I'm biased by my preference for her as the best president in the field, but I think there has really been an overreaction to the identity stuff. If she has a competent staff and is a nimble politician it could be the case that this has long since been forgotten by 2020. If that's the case then she is a genuine and passionate advocate for working people (blue or white collar) against the new Gilded Age fueled billionaires and I think that would destroy Trump. I could be wrong about any and all of that (in particular, she may just not be all that great as a politician) but I am fairly sure that this price is indeed too low.

6. Amy Klobuchar - 9˘ : sell

I mean, have you been keeping up on current events? Like if you knew about the stories about her early on when the markets for this first started you could have made a killing by picking her up for a penny and then selling when she got up to 12˘ or so. As is, if you hold her stock at 9˘ then you need to dump it as soon as possible or you're going to lose everything you put up.

7. Cory Booker - 8˘ : hold (I guess?)

Seems like he'll probably have some staying power because he'll be able to raise money but I can't see him actually winning the nomination. The reason I say hold is because I think Biden, Sanders, and Klobuchar will drop and by default that will bring his price up. Sell then.

8. Sherrod Brown - 7˘ : sell

Only because he'd be in the Sanders and Warren lane and Warren has already built a fully fleshed out campaign and Sanders has one in waiting while Brown has only been thinking about running. It's likely too late.

9. Kirsten Gillibrand - 5˘ : buy

This is the most obvious buy out of anyone on this list. Whatever you think about her eventual chances she has a real campaign, a base of voters, and reliable donors. She'll still be in after Iowa and New Hampshire.

10. Michael Bloomberg - 3˘ : hold

He's a billionaire and can spend as much of his money as he wants. If a couple of people on the list above him drop out early that would increase his value even though there's no way he wins.
    Last edited by Hollis; 02-15-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Anecdotally - and I find this very surprising - most of the liberal women I know are strongly against Gillibrand because of the Franken business. (Most of the liberal men I know, including here, weren’t and aren’t broken up about Franken returning to private life). The handful of people I know with experience and/or friends on Capitol Hill have also been very dismissive of Klobuchar’s reputation as a horrible boss because (their words) “they’re all like that”.
    2017 NFL Loser’s Pool Champion!

He’d leave little notes for himself saying ‘You are not a chicken,’ although sometimes he thought he hwas lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Ott View Post
    Anecdotally - and I find this very surprising - most of the liberal women I know are strongly against Gillibrand because of the Franken business.
    That's wild!