Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Talk pinball

In the pines, in the pines where the sun never shines
    dola

And LL, why aren't you playing Star Trek? That's one of the best games there is.
    Founder, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer: Top #1 Aces Posting Club (not affiliated with A-1 Aces Posting Club)

I am a F, B, I, Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    dola

And LL, why aren't you playing Star Trek? That's one of the best games there is.
    It's brand new, apparently. I haven't been in since they moved it in. Thanks for the heads up though.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

Such ingratitude, after all the times I saved your life.

In the pines, in the pines where the sun never shines
    As of a month or so ago, they have tournaments every Friday at Mom's. Appallingly, this has resulted in marital strife, as for some reason Friday is a particularly important night to be around. Which would make sense if we could go out, or even just sleep in the next day... but with a baby it's really no different from any other damn night, is it? Anyways I went last week and the competition was ferocious- the best player in our area was there, he ranks in the top 100 in the world, and there were several other top 500 players as well. I didn't play badly, but still finished tied for 6th out of 7. The highlight though was that I beat the top 100 guy twice... and once it was on Flash Gordon! As readers of this thread know, I am extremely passionate about Flash Gordon pinball. I have fantasized about having a great game on it in competition and then overhearing the following conversation:

DUDE #1: Wow, who's that guy? He's going to be tough to beat!
    DUDE #2: Nah, don't worry about him. He's a one trick pony.

Because being the master of Flash Gordon and Flash Gordon only is the grandest, purest thing I could aspire to. So you can imagine what it meant to me to defeat a top 100 player on it. Next, I must beat the high score of 3.1m, which was accomplished by a guy who was once ranked #8 in the world. It is my destiny.
    Founder, President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer: Top #1 Aces Posting Club (not affiliated with A-1 Aces Posting Club)