Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OOTP 19

Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    Bob Walk just took a no-hitter against the Braves into the ninth during my 1990 replay only for Ron Gant to break it up after two outs.
    Poor guy pulled a Dave Stieb
    Montreal Royals - 1899-1912, 1915-1922
    New England Midnight Riders - 2026-2031?

I don't think I can set up the league I want. Little help?

I want to do a historical sim starting in 1901 where the American League comes in as the second division and we have promotion and relegation from there. Ok, I can do that much, but what I really want to do is assign historical rookies to their actual teams, and that's what seems to break it.

First I had automatic expansion enabled, but with the teams split between two leagues, it created lots of weirdness where it basically turned the NL into the AL after the first season, and there were basically two ALs and all the NL teams were gone. With it turned off, it doesn't keep up with team name changes and relocation and no rookies seem to get imported.

Any ideas?
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Started a historical league over the long weekend and discovered an annoying bug where some combination of draftee negotiations and having a lots of players on your reserve roster causes draftees to disappear into the ether instead of being assigned to your organization. Time to restart, I guess.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

Are you sure they're disappearing into the ether? If they failed to sign, they might be appearing in future draft classes. High school draftees going to college, etc.
    I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

Please note this post was made by the 2012 NFL Losers Pool Champion.

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
    Are you sure they're disappearing into the ether? If they failed to sign, they might be appearing in future draft classes. High school draftees going to college, etc.
    It's not that. They sign, but then never get assigned to an organization. I can go through and edit all of them onto teams, but I didn't realize it was happening until the second year.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.