Thread: 2017-2018 Offseason Thread

2017-2018 Offseason Thread

First, here is a new full league file, rolled over to the offseason, primarily for the new owners of the Florida Mayhem and the London Spitfire, magnet and andymac, respectively. Welcome aboard, gentlemen! The in-game file has also been updated. That full league file does not contain any images. Those can be downloaded here.

Second, rule changes:

1. I am turning coaches off. They seemed to add nothing but tedium to the league.

2. I am changing injuries from "Normal (OOTP Classic)" to "Low". I am also disabling the "delayed injury diagnosis".

3. I am disabling international amateur free agents, and compensating by turning up international discoveries.

4. If a player runs out of DFA time, they will be released. I do not care if there is room on your active roster or not. I am no longer going to try and figure out how to hold onto your players for you.

5. I'm gonna fix the schedule.

Third, the free agency draft!
    Here are the rules, straight from the rules thread:

Because there is no financial system, a two-round free agency draft will occur each offseason to help encourage player movement. It will work similarly to an expansion draft.

Players eligible to be drafted will be all players with at least 130 plate appearances or 25 innings pitched at the major league level by season's end.

Teams may protect up to 12 players from the free agency draft. When a player is taken from a team, the team may protect an additional two players. No team may lose more than two players in the free agency draft and no team is required to make any selections.

The draft order is non-standard: the first overall selection will belong to the team with the best record that did not
    make the playoffs, with the order continuing in descending order of record. The team that lost the Overwatch Cup will be the second-to-last team, with the Overwatch Cup champion the last team to select.

Teams may protect up to two additional players as Franchise Players. These players do not count against the limit of 12. A player can be declared a Franchise Player if he meets one of the following:

a. He is age 36 and has at least 12 years of service with his current team.
    b. He is age 37 and has at least 10 years of service with his current team.
    c. He is age 38 and has at least 8 years of service with his current team.
    The free agency draft has also been set. For tie-breakers, I used head-to-head record, followed by run differential. The order will be:

1. Houston Outlaws
    2. Seoul Dynasty
    3. Los Angeles Gladiators
    4. Boston Uprising
    5. Dallas Fuel
    6. London Spitfire
    7. San Francisco Shock
    8. New York Excelsior
    9. Florida Mayhem
    10. Shanghai Dragons
    11. Los Angeles Valiant
    12. Philadelphia Fusion

I need every team to submit their 12 man protected list to me via PM. Remember, a player is eligible to be drafted if he has accrued 130 plate appearances or 25 innings pitched at the major league level this season. Also, include the 2 additional players that you want to protect after a player is taken from your team. Once I have each teams' protected lists, I will put together a for-free-agency-drafting-only league file so that you can easily see the draft pool in the game. Please try to submit your lists to me by Friday, March 9.

Also, in case it matters, you are not required to make a selection during the draft, you may not select your own player, and picks in the free agency draft may not be traded (although players selected are immediately available for trade).
    Last edited by matskralc; 03-07-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Owner of the defending champion Philadelphia Fusion, creed, has informed me that he is out of town until Sunday. As a result, free agency protection lists are due that day.

andymac made a good point in his protection list PM: you should submit a list of 12 protected players, and then an additional list of 3 (not 2) players to be protected after a player is selected from your team, in case the selected player was one of the ones from your secondary list.

Time to NAME and SHAME:

magnet, Florida Mayhem: SHAME.
    TotalEnd98, New York Excelsior: SHAME.
    swampdragon, Dallas Fuel: SHAME.
    asamford23, Shangai Dragons: SHAME.
    Lastplaneout, San Francisco Shock: SHAME.

The above owners have not submitted protected lists for the free agency draft. They have until Tuesday at 8 PM to do so. If they do not, the draft will continue with none of their players protected and they will not be permitted any late protections.

Everybody sent a list! \0/

Unfortunately (for the league), my dad drafted me to help him with a home renovation project, so my evenings this week have been taken up with that. I will have time tomorrow, though, to get a draft file, instructions, and time table posted.