Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Talk FM: All Versions

So in year three January Salah won the Ballon d'Or and World Player of the Year.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
    Do you ever play any of Liverpool's young players? Anyone look interesting?
    So after year three here is where everybody stands (these are only young players who started with the club).

GK Kamil Grabara spent each of the last three seasons out on loan with his most recent spell at Sheffield United in the Championship where he performed well. He's just signed a new contract and will take over for the departing Karius as the understudy for Oblak. He'll get to play in at least the Carabao Cup.

Joe Gomez has settled in at center back and has formed a very strong partnership with van Dijk. Scored a pair of goals with 4 assists and a 7.30 average rating and was named as the best defender of the Champions League. The game lists him as a leading Premier League player with some room yet to grow. Stud, and is now a regular for the Three Lions as well.

Home grown future captain Trent Alexander-Arnold took over due to Nat Clyne's injury in year one as in real life and has never looked back. In my system he plays as a supporting rather than attacking wing back so he had just three assists but he's a rock defensively and at 21 he still has room to grow. Honestly he looks like he's destined to be world class and he's the right back for England as well. Could eventually end up in the midfield.

Ben Woodburn is now a full on squad member albeit one who has struggled for playing time. In the past two seasons combined he's scored 22 goals with 10 assists in 59 matches mostly playing on the left as an inside forward. His eventual position is likely to be as the attacking member of the midfield three. He's still just 20 and is already the best player for Wales. Could be ready for a breakout season.

I feel a bit bad for Harry Wilson because he's just never going to get regular playing time with Salah around but he had a bit of a breakthrough this season scoring 13 goals with 5 assists and a 7.29 average rating in 28 matches. In fact, he set the record for average rating in the FA Cup with an 8.25 due to his 6 goals in 4 matches. He's now a regular for Wales and will continue to be an important squad player due to his club home grown status.

After a season with limited playing time while training with the first team Rhian Brewster spent year two on loan in the Championship with Reading. This season he was given some limited playing time mostly in the cups and ended up scoring 14 goals. Origi is headed out this summer so he'll take over as the backup striker. Still just 20 and has tons of room for growth and that home grown status is helpful.

Dominic Solanke has had a difficult go of it so far. In the first term he barely played and then went on loan to Wolves in the Championship where he didn't really perform. Last season he was on loan at Middlesbrough in the PL but barely played and scored just three goals. He'll be the third choice striker next season but his Liverpool career looks very much in doubt.

Other than that, I don't think any of the youngsters we started with will have any role to play going forward.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Ben Woodburn is now a full on squad member albeit one who has struggled for playing time. In the past two seasons combined he's scored 22 goals with 10 assists in 59 matches mostly playing on the left as an inside forward. His eventual position is likely to be as the attacking member of the midfield three. He's still just 20 and is already the best player for Wales. Could be ready for a breakout season.
    In training before the final friendly match of the pre-season Fekir suffered a knee injury that will keep him out 5-7 months. I sold Gini during the summer as part of a successful effort to get enough funds to buy Vinícius Júnior which left Ox as the only backup (Pulisic can play there too I suppose) and he's made of glass like Fekir so here comes Ben's chance.

Woodburn ended up being a fantastic first choice central mid.

I got bored with the Liverpool save and started one with Aston Villa. Needless to say, John Terry can't play in my system.

Looks like the beta for 2019 is available. Perfect timing, because I have tomorrow off.
    Things can always be worse.

The new training system, which I thought I'd have no use or time for, is amazing. I never really ran training before because I found it tedious, and by all appearances it was about to get more tedious. But somehow, I'm really enjoying tinkering with it. The new tactical system is also excellent, way more immersive and, by extension, way more fun. I was not all that excited about the headline features in this year's game but, damn, this might be the first time playing FM where I really feel like I'm managing a team and not just making transfers and picking lineups.
    I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

Please note this post was made by the 2012 NFL Losers Pool Champion.

Yeah, I think they're as close as they've ever been to nailing a way of making tactics. I'm still just dipping my toes into the new training options, but they look cool, too.

I've been trying to make a team play like Bielsa's Chile team from the 2010 World Cup for a while, and I think I've just about got it.
    Things can always be worse.

I have found that the new tactical system has unleashed my inner Guardiola during matches. I'm tweaking shit left and right, and getting mad into touchline shouts.
    I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

Please note this post was made by the 2012 NFL Losers Pool Champion.

Aston Villa have done quite well in my four years in a charge but I needed a really dynamic attacking midfielder. I had my eye on someone and after a year of playing footsie, Spurs finishing eighth while we finished second, and Ł62m but we managed to land...Dele Alli. I've never managed him so I'm very, very excited.

So was watching the football game last night and decided to fire up my old old FM12 Liverpool save. I hadn't opened it up in months. Started in 2011. I was amused last night when I realized that the date in the game was Dec. 1, 2018. I'm almost right on track!

Only Man Utd and Man City are really rivals for the title each year; Chelsea is a mid-table team at this point and Arsenal and Spurs pop in and out of relevance. Javier Hernández is Man Utd's scorer extraordinaire; he's closing in on 200 career PL goals and is still only 29.

Now it's the 2018-19 season and last night I played one game, a 7-0 victory over Everton. That was our 14th game of the season, and so far we've scored 53 goals while conceding 16. We have won some of our other games by scores of 8-0, 7-1 and 9-1. Daniel Sturridge, who only joined the team in January, had 5 goals in one game, Theo Walcott (32 goals for us last season - tied with Hernández for the Golden Boot) had 4 in one and 3 in another, and M'baye Niang just had a hat trick against Everton. Walcott and Niang each has 12 goals on the season. And with all that we are 6 points behind Man City, with Man Utd in between.

I don't think I've ever had a team in any iteration of FM that scored so many goals. I don't really even do anything tactically special, our players are just that good.
    Last edited by Sixto; 11-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    I need a mai tai, so f----- sci-fi. Give me the password to the f----- wifi.