Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Talk FM: All Versions

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    If it helps make you feel better about your progress, I can tell you that United are an absolute shitshow in my current FM save. Like bottom half of the table, four points clear of relegation shitshow. They are better than that, but probably belong in the Everton-Bournemouth tier of clubs significantly behind the top five.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

In my Liverpool save they were consistently awesome. In fact, that's who beat us in the Community Shield. The initial roster is very weak but you can't ignore the financial power. I'm very much looking forward to my first transfer window as I have a ton of really good young players lined up.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

In our first PL match we beat Leicester away 2-0. It looks clear that with Pogba as the main playmaker with Herrera as a box to box mid as his running partner and Alexis, Lukaku, and Martial on the front line we're going to score plenty of goals. However, the lack of pace on our backline and defensive mid means that with this system we're going to be very vulnerable to counter-attacks. Leicester should have scored on multiple occasions and we were only saved by some mishit shots and DeGea bailing us out. Alexis assisted on both goals and I hope he has a huge season so I can get rid of him and his massive, massive wages.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    Yeah, I am not sure what's going to happen with them. It's midway through 2020-21 in my "present day" and I think they may spend like a zillion dollars in the summer 2021 window and be right back in it. On the other hand, they spent over 200 million pounds in the summer of 2019 and promptly finished fifth, which is what got Mourinho sacked. They replaced him with Vincenzo Montella, who spent another 100 million in summer 2020 and they are midtable and only a few points clear of relegation. He got sacked and Neil Ryan (their real-life U18 manager) is their interim manager for now.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

I think it comes down to whether or not Mourinho sticks around. In my Liverpool save he survived the first season and every time I played against them it was the common formula. Early on they would drop deep and park the bus. Late in the match they would turn on the attack. In the first couple seasons they were able to consistently hang with us and while I believe we beat them or drew them every time in the league the last two seasons, they beat us in the Community Shield both years. I'm hoping that I do get that 200 million transfer budget and according to the financial projections we'll get just that! Assuming we move on from De Gea and Sanchez we might shell out something more like 300 million and bring in basically a new squad. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

What's really weird is that in none of the saves I've had (I'm still on 18 btw) have City ever done much of anything and Pep always gets fired. It's really weird.
    Last edited by Hollis; Today at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    It looks clear that with Pogba as the main playmaker with Herrera as a box to box mid as his running partner and Alexis, Lukaku, and Martial on the front line we're going to score plenty of goals. However, the lack of pace on our backline and defensive mid means that with this system we're going to be very vulnerable to counter-attacks.
    LOL

In our second match, this one at Old Trafford, we drew 0-0 with Watford despite having 61% of the ball and creating 46 shots. We put just 12 on target and never really looked like scoring as they frustrated us by parking the bus and Herrera and especially Pogba took long speculative shot after long speculative shot. They also very easily could have won the match with a couple incisive counter attacks that were thwarted by De Gea. I have lots of work to do.
    Last edited by Hollis; Today at 07:28 PM.