Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk FM: All Versions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talk FM: All Versions

Figured I wouldn't clutter the main thread with random observations. So I currently have 8 players on my Dortmund save who are wanted to other clubs and that's after having to give captain and top center back Daniele Rugani a massive new contract after PSG made him their top target. We did the double last season and won both the Bundesliga and the Champions League and look like a lock to win the league and at least make the Semi Final so I'm hoping I can keep hold of most everyone but it's going to be an interesting summer to say the least.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

I'm at the current real life date in my Everton save on FM 2018, and I've got Everton up to third place in the league and still alive in three cup competitions. Clearly Sam Allardyce and Ronald Koeman are worse managers than I am.

Seriously, though, it took me about five or six false starts before I could figure out how to get this Everton squad to play well. It took selling a few older players and replacing them with a few younger ones (one of whom was a striker and another of whom could play left back), going to three at the back, and playing an ultra-high tempo pressing game with heavy rotation and extensive use of the U-23 squad.
    Things can always be worse.

In my save, Virgil van Dijk requested a transfer from Southampton in the January transfer window and had an asking price of £76 million put on him. I guess £75 million might not have been that crazy.

Fired up FM Mobile 18 because my son wanted it. As you may know FM Mobile has the complexity of like FM 2004. Picked Liverpool because why not.

Some 10 games in we are out of the CL and into the Europa League and after 5-6 league games we are mid table with fewer goals scored than games played. Mané, Salah and Coutinho have 0 goals among them and Firmino maybe one. Coutinho and Salah average about a 5 rating. No idea why. Needless to say it’s not much fun.
    Heritage Court's furry residents can enjoy the dog agility course and pet spa, truly defines what a pet friendly is all about.

Championship Manager 01/02 is considered the pinnacle of the CM/FM franchise by many longtime fans of the series and the game is still modded to keep it up to date with each new season at http://www.champman0102.co.uk/

There is no FM 2004 as the first game released after the Football Manager brand was acquired is Football Manager 2005.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 01-07-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Championship Manager 01/02 is considered the pinnacle of the CM/FM franchise by many longtime fans of the series
    I've heard this before many times. Why?
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

A scouting tip for FM 2018: Kasper Dolberg, Ajax's young striker. He ain't cheap (my Everton club signed him for £26 million at the start of the game) but, man, has he been worth it. He's only 19, but he has everything you want a striker to have. Strength, pace, passing ability, heading ability, movement off the ball, work rate, a decent shot from distance, dribbling. He has a staggering 35 goals and 20 assists in 40 matches so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mlyons View Post
    A scouting tip for FM 2018: Kasper Dolberg, Ajax's young striker. He ain't cheap (my Everton club signed him for £26 million at the start of the game) but, man, has he been worth it. He's only 19, but he has everything you want a striker to have. Strength, pace, passing ability, heading ability, movement off the ball, work rate, a decent shot from distance, dribbling. He has a staggering 35 goals and 20 assists in 40 matches so far for me.
    Dolberg finished my first season with 44 goals and 24 assists in 52 appearances and a 7.70 rating. He was the leading scorer in the Europa League and Carabao Cup, led the Premier League in assists, and swept the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards in the Premier League. Not bad for £26 million.

Quote Originally Posted by mlyons View Post
    Dolberg finished my first season with 44 goals and 24 assists in 52 appearances and a 7.70 rating. He was the leading scorer in the Europa League and Carabao Cup, led the Premier League in assists, and swept the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards in the Premier League. Not bad for £26 million.
    I had him for a couple years as a backup for Isak and he played quite well but then I got a couple newgens who are now world class. In fact Isak is off in the summer.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

He made his international debut for Denmark at age 19 and in his first season with the club scored 23 goals for Ajax in 47 matches. This year, Dolberg's production has slipped, 7g in 22m.