Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Talk FM: All Versions

dola,

You're really not going to like it if I get my top transfer target.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

So we're all agreed then!
    I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

Please note this post was made by the 2012 NFL Losers Pool Champion.

Ha!
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    dola,

You're really not going to like it if I get my top transfer target.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we got him.

Still following, must spread Rep.

FM 19 is $16.99 on Steam I think through June 30.
    Heritage Court's furry residents can enjoy the dog agility course and pet spa, truly defines what a pet friendly is all about.

Bryan Round, at the tender age of 16, won the Euro U20s Golden Boot and Best Player awards as he scored 5 goals in 4 matches with a 7.93 average rating. England unfortunately lost on penalties to Spain in the Semis while Germany beat Spain 1-0 in the Final.

So entering in to this off-season we had, as I said, £158m in transfer funds to spend, which was a fucking war chest.

First up, we had to deal with the right back position. Ricardo Pereira had a brilliant first full season with the club before getting hurt for three months and when he did the only cover was Juventus loanee Leonardo Spinazzola. The young Brazilian Éder Militão had a fantastic season on loan at Sassualo but it sure seems like a work permit is at least a year or two off. So we just went ahead and spent the needed £19m to bring in Nélson Semedo from Barcelona to cover for Pereira without any fuss whatsoever. His crossing isn't at the level I'd like, but who cares? He's fast, very smart, and very technical. When and if Militão does get a work permit I should be able to sell Semedo along for a profit and in between he's really, really, really fucking good.

From there my next priority was a lad who turned out for Monaco at the DM position who we had made our top transfer priority since the previous summer and who was just desperate to join. With the signing of van Dijk in January Eric Bailly was surplus to requirements and I transfer listed him. The only suitor who made a bid was Monaco and at just £30m, which was precisely half of our valuation. In the meantime, Monaco wanted like £160m for our top target. So I proposed a transfer where Bailly would head to Monaco while we sent them £70m plus £10m in add-ons for Fabinho. He's one of, if not the, final piece to the puzzle as he is an ace in the air and a shut down defender who can also get forward and initiate the counter with aplomb. Kovacic was more than good enough in his first season with the club to start in the early going, but Fabinho is a stud who will be locked in before January. Did you guys really think I wouldn't sign him?

I still had a bunch of money left to spend at that point but I still needed to sell a few players to get everyone else I wanted to sign in. The arrival of Fabinho mean that Nemanja Matic was surplus to requirements so we sold him to, hey what do you know, Monaco for £43m which was a massive overpay. Jesse Lingard was also clearly not needed so we put him on the market and he had several suitors but ultimately decided on Everton for a fee of £22.5m. All of that was all well and good.

Specifically because it gave us more than enough money to purchase the unsettled Leroy Sané from City for £75m plus a potential £34m in add ons. I don't care what the fee is, Sané is going to be our Salah with his skill, pace and finishing. It's very hard to find a right sided, left footed inside forward with any degree of skill and Sané obviously has it in spades. We'll give him a year to bed in and then sell Alexis, which makes massive financial sense. I can't believe City actually let us do that.

Finally, we still had enough left over to bring in José Gayà from Valencia at left back for £25m. That transaction means that Sessegnon will spend a bit of time in the wilderness this season while Gayà beds in. However, I wanted to replace Shaw because he is just so injury prone and after this season I can do just that without a second thought. When and if Sessegnon is ready to take over he can and will but he's still just a kid really.

Overall we spent £202m while bringing in just £66m so we could potentially be in trouble with FFP. I don't think we will though because we have just one major target left on the list and one that I might bring in but only if the price is right. This team now looks like we can challenge anyone in the world. Knock on wood.
    Last edited by Hollis; Yesterday at 07:43 PM.

Keeper

The first choice selection is obviously Gianliugi Donnarumma and the 20-year-old Italian already has 15 international caps for the senior squad and is worth £47.5m after coming over for £32.5m plus add ons from Milan last summer. Through the first part of the season he played in the cups and the Champions League as a backup to De Gea but with the January sale of the first team Spanish national he was forced in to a full time role. It was a mixed bag, if I'm honest. He was much better in distribution but the telling stat is that De Gea allowed just 6 goals and kept 13 clean sheets in the Premier League while Donnarumma allowed 21 goals and kept just 8 clean sheets. That's an obvious downgrade but for real the Italian was waaay better in distribution. Hopefully his shot stopping can catch up this season and he certainly has the potential to do just that. English natural sweeper keeper Dean Henderson is the backup and he was with us for the second half of the season and started all of our second half FA Cup matches, including the final. He also spent the summer as the main keeper for England in the EURO U20s. I'd absolutely be lying to you if I said that I thought he was ever going to start even a single Premier League or Champions League match. He's a short term player who fills a role until we can sell him. Which has value, to be sure. 17-year-old Kevin Badlock, on the other hand, has real promise. He started two matches for England ahead of Henderson in the U20 EUROs and he has enough (14 vision, 20 determination, 14 reflexes, 14 handling, 14 decisions) to make me think that he could eventually be at least a solid back up to Donnarumma. We'll see.