Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ping Commish

1) It seems like most people (between those in this thread and the ones claiming them in the other thread) are fine with giving coaches a go. If it turns out we don't like them or we do find them tedious, then I'll dump them.

B) I don't want to do free agent claims privately. That's more overhead for me and makes it more likely that I'll mess things up.

III) I thought about using a waiver-style method of resolving ties, but ultimately, these are free agents. The idea of randomly breaking ties is the only fair way to simulate the player making a choice. They wouldn't all choose to go to the worst team that wants them.

Four) They'll be a part in the sense that they'll exist. But you can't get fired and there's no budget for your owner to withhold, so you should be able to freely ignore them.

dola,

Quote Originally Posted by Hotblack View Post
    In your team control settings, you can set the AI to manage your staff for you (:depodesta:).
    This wouldn't result in the AI actually signing staff for you, completely bypassing the claim system, would it?

Oh, now I see why Hotblack wanted to do free agent claims privately: to save himself the embarrassment of not reading the rules.

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    1) It seems like most people (between those in this thread and the ones claiming them in the other thread) are fine with giving coaches a go. If it turns out we don't like them or we do find them tedious, then I'll dump them.

B) I don't want to do free agent claims privately. That's more overhead for me and makes it more likely that I'll mess things up.

III) I thought about using a waiver-style method of resolving ties, but ultimately, these are free agents. The idea of randomly breaking ties is the only fair way to simulate the player making a choice. They wouldn't all choose to go to the worst team that wants them.

Four) They'll be a part in the sense that they'll exist. But you can't get fired and there's no budget for your owner to withhold, so you should be able to freely ignore them.
    I think that this all makes sense. With respect to 1): With the way free agency works in this league, staff can pretty much be left alone once you have a staff you like. You would only have to replace folks as they retire. Is this correct?
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

leeg borked comish chet

Still waiting for exports from Boston (Hotblack) and Dallas (swampdragon). Once I get exports from them, I'll know everybody is set up and I will advance the file to the start of Spring Training and we will pick up the regular schedule.

Having not used staff in OOTP in many, many years, is there anything preventing me from firing my manager and running the team the way I please?

Houston is the only team in the OWL without an assistant GM. Is that a position that needs filling or just window dressing?

Edit: Every team in the league is using a 6-man rotation, when did this become the norm in baseball???, and the option to change is greyed out. On my manager's page, it shows under "Lineup and Pitching Staff" that he allows me full control, but despite that there's no ability to adjust lineups or change the rotation size.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 01-17-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Having not used staff in OOTP in many, many years, is there anything preventing me from firing my manager and running the team the way I please?
    I have no idea.

Houston is the only team in the OWL without an assistant GM. Is that a position that needs filling or just window dressing?
    I have no idea.

Edit: Every team in the league is using a 6-man rotation, when did this become the norm in baseball???, and the option to change is greyed out. On my manager's page, it shows under "Lineup and Pitching Staff" that he allows me full control, but despite that there's no ability to adjust lineups or change the rotation size.
    Go to Manager's Office > Control & Auto-Play Settings. Are your "setting lineups" and "setting pitching staff" settings set to the manager or to you?

Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    Go to Manager's Office > Control & Auto-Play Settings. Are your "setting lineups" and "setting pitching staff" settings set to the manager or to you?
    Coolio. All good.

Mats, it might be a good idea to run a report to see if all the teams are playing 160 game schedules.

http://owl.kralc.net/leagues/league_...on_report.html

Edit: An owner's list would be useful as well.

Aaah, forgot that owner's list is the first post in the Inaugural Draft thread.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 01-17-2018 at 09:07 PM.