Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

This time it was on purpose. I felt that it was time to make the rules uniform between the two leagues, so it's now in the modern 3/3 setup. The change only affects players with 3+ years of service. I'd be willing to let teams release players for free if their arbitration estimate is preventing them from making offers.
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

Oh I am excited about this draft. We have the top of the order to our league and there are some great, great players there who were childhood favorites of mine.

I haven't edited the order yet so we're still alternating between the leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotblack View Post
    I haven't edited the order yet so we're still alternating between the leagues.
    Tease!

This time it was on purpose. I felt that it was time to make the rules uniform between the two leagues, so it's now in the modern 3/3 setup. The change only affects players with 3+ years of service. I'd be willing to let teams release players for free if their arbitration estimate is preventing them from making offers.
    Are we still able to release players for free? I have a couple I wouldn't mind doing that with...

Sure, anyone who was on a non-guaranteed contract coming into the season (i.e. autorenewal). You can just list them here.

David Spadoni
    Ken Toothman

Thanks!

I am ecstatic signing the greatest defensive OF of all time, Paul Blair. I always try to get this guy in my solo leagues, and it never works out. Now he's mine. I don't care if he keeps striking out 200 times a season. This is the guy I build a defense and a pitching staff around.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua View Post
    I am ecstatic signing the greatest defensive OF of all time, Paul Blair. I always try to get this guy in my solo leagues, and it never works out. Now he's mine. I don't care if he keeps striking out 200 times a season. This is the guy I build a defense and a pitching staff around.
    I took a look at him to be my 4th OF but saw you were after him and what you were offering and backed out. Good signing and I'd have loved to have him. His 1964 season is probably an extreme outlier but his bat is still passable and his defense is absolutely exceptional, especially in this league.

I took a look at him to be my 4th OF but saw you were after him and what you were offering and backed out. Good signing and I'd have loved to have him. His 1964 season is probably an extreme outlier but his bat is still passable and his defense is absolutely exceptional, especially in this league.
    The sad thing about the real life Blair, if you look at his 1969 season it looks a lot like our 64 season. That's the player he was meant to be, but he got beaned and was never the same after. Very sad because he was an amazingly talented player before he got hurt.