Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Manchester United 2017-8 offseason predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Eck View Post
    He should probably be more concerned about making it through the summer transfer window.
    I'd be in favor of sacking him now. Which isn't to say he deserves that, but under the circumstances I don't think giving him another chance makes sense. It's become clear in the latter part of the season that the squad needs a major investment/overhaul that's almost certainly going to be a multiyear process. So, they need to put someone in charge of that process who they're willing to make a multiyear commitment to ASAP. Should that be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? I don't think so.

Not that it matters much anyway, whoever the manager is Ed Woodward and the rest of them will find a way to screw it up.
    "There is no trying in Monkey Rodeo. You either go out and do it, or you don't."

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyTrillo View Post
    I'd be in favor of sacking him now. Which isn't to say he deserves that, but under the circumstances I don't think giving him another chance makes sense. It's become clear in the latter part of the season that the squad needs a major investment/overhaul that's almost certainly going to be a multiyear process. So, they need to put someone in charge of that process who they're willing to make a multiyear commitment to ASAP. Should that be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer? I don't think so.

Not that it matters much anyway, whoever the manager is Ed Woodward and the rest of them will find a way to screw it up.
    Right, they obviously need to bring in a bunch of new players. Now, they are still United so they have the money and the history to bring in a lot of talent. But I'm not sure Solskjaer is the guy who players are going to want to go play for. Pochettino would be the perfect choice for them if they can pry him loose from Tottenham. I'm not sure what other high-profile manager makes sense.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

Pochettino may very well be available. He's said that he wants to talk to Daniel Levy after the season about where they go from here and that if he doesn't like the answers he may leave. He's also said that if they win the final he might leave. So it's a possibility.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

I think getting a good Director of Football is a much more pressing issue than whether or not Solskjśr should stick around, and obviously the decision about the latter should be left almost entirely up to the former.
    Things can always be worse.

Obviously the team is far from able to threaten the top two, but getting into top 4 seems easy with the huge income gap still there. This is especially true since they are not trying to play attacking football the way top teams in the world are. Solskjśr is still relying on counter attacks like the last manager, just more aggressively. The style change needed is much less than what's happening at Arsenal or Chelsea. They just need to buy some more fast or strong players, and play big teams like a small team while dominate small teams by pure quality.