Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5010

Thread: Weirdest. Presidency. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    The left already hates him with the fury of a thousand blazing suns. A certain number of people will always love him. But the rest of the conservatives have reluctantly decided that they have no options, because the left is worse than Trump. The tactics and incivility of the Kavanaugh fight crystallized that. Kavanaugh was an absolutely mainstream conservative who would have been on the short list of Rubio, Kasich, Cruz, or any other Republican. In the old days, he'd have been confirmed 95-5. Now the left is willing to go back to unprovable accusations from his high school days and use those to try to personally destroy him because of philosophical differences. That reduced the Never Trump crowd to a few guys standing in the corner, and it won't come back until Republican primary season, and maybe not then.
    Kavanaugh lied transparently and repeatedly to Congress, and if any Democratic SC nominee LITERALLY vowed vengeance on his enemies (as he did) you’d be appalled by it. If Kavanaugh really is a mainstream conservative nominee that says a lot more about the low quality of conservative judicial nominees than anything else. You don’t need to believe a word of Ford’s or the other women who credibly accused him of sexual assault to conclude that that man not only has no business on the SC, he shouldn’t be any kind of judge.
    2017 NFL Loser’s Pool Champion!

He’d leave little notes for himself saying ‘You are not a chicken,’ although sometimes he thought he hwas lying.

I mean, if this was normal Democrats vs. Republicans nonsense, seems like it would've happened with Gorsuch.
    OTBL2 - Providence Grays
    MLB93 - Oakland A's

I'm on the Twitter

call trans opt: received. Izabela's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G&GH View Post
    I mean, if this was normal Democrats vs. Republicans nonsense, seems like it would've happened with Gorsuch.
    Women don't matter to Republicans except for the Aunt Lydias they have in their ranks.
    @IzabelaKaramia for all the best tweets you could ever want

I'm the girl your mommas never warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Well, he did heavily race bait in his first campaign for governor but outside of that he does seem like a good dude.
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...d-south-korea/

“American responsibility lies at its core in terms of making a mess of the very democracy we said we were fostering,” says Alexis Dudden, a professor of history at the University of Connecticut. “How is it possible, for example, that the United States’ first so-called human rights president (Jimmy Carter) was commander in chief of the chain of command that OK’d the helicopter gunship attacks on civilians?”
    With their massive wealth and power the major families of Poland were able to create new cities at will.

I am a F, B, I, Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Izabela View Post
    Women don't matter to Republicans except for the Aunt Lydias they have in their ranks.
    If you are going to just troll around in the politics thread and offer nothing, maybe just stick to Ameliorate the Predicate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by attackemu View Post
    Welcome in emu's house

Obama, Kennedy, Carter, LBJ (but probably he should not come over when everyone else is there, or else the whole party will end up being about him), Truman, both Bushes, both Roosevelts, Lincoln I guess, Ford, Nixon, Eisenhower

Not welcome in emu's house

Clinton, Jackson, Wilson, Trump
    Way to not let a few war crimes get in the way of cordial relations. This is the civility we need back.
    With their massive wealth and power the major families of Poland were able to create new cities at will.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    That reduced the Never Trump crowd to a few guys standing in the corner, and it won't come back until Republican primary season, and maybe not then.
    That's all it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by g20 View Post
    Way to not let a few war crimes get in the way of cordial relations. This is the civility we need back.
    Who said anything about cordiality?!
    I understand that and fully understand that and I think we had a previous President who did not understand that but I understand that and we have spoken about this before.

Please note this post was made by the 2012 NFL Losers Pool Champion.

If the Kavanaugh episode swung people toward Trump, it happened because they were always waiting for an opportunity.

If there is someone out there who was on the fence about climate change, until the president came out and said that while he wasn't a scientist, his uncle was, and while he never discussed climate change with his uncle, he has a pretty good mind for science and that mind tells him that climate change is not a big deal - if that person was on the fence and is now firmly in the camp that climate change is not a big deal - I think it's hard to argue that that person ever really was on the fence to begin with.

If someone says they weren't sure who to vote for before, but now that the Kavanaugh stuff happened it's the Democrats who were unseemly, and not the dude who campaigned for the SC and carried on about "what goes around comes around" - and after seeing that they're now certain who to vote for? That person was always going to vote Republican. Now the only question is, will they bother to get in the car and drive to the polling venue on Nov. 6. At least, if they are white, they know they won't have any trouble getting in the booth.
    One old man is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by LivnLegend View Post
    If you are going to just troll around in the politics thread and offer nothing, maybe just stick to Ameliorate the Predicate forum.
    That surely isn't trolling. You just didn't understand the perspective.

If you reject people with different perspective outright, then why do you bother participating in a discussion? You'd be only looking for people to confirm with your opinions.

It's a fact that Republicans do not care for advancing women's rights. They favor status quo or even going backwards on women's rights, with the assumption of what's good for white men is the best for everyone else. If you don't agree with that, name some policies that Republicans support that doesn't fit what I said.