Thread: Cthulu

Cthulu/Other RPG

Just gauging interest, would any of you fubes have any interest in a Cthulu RPG campaign of some kind? I was thinking maybe a combination of forum and occasional chat sessions (our D&D experience has taught me that it can be hard to make those regular, but I'm not averse to that either). It would be set in 1930s. I know these forum-based attempts never last, but I've been in every single one of them as a player, so maybe me as the GM will be the missing link! I also promise not to abandon you for a real-life group like some people.

I'm also not that wedded to the Cthulu part, although it's an RPG setting I've always wanted to try. Mostly I just don't really want to do D&D. I'd be up for Star Wars since everybody's into that again obviously, although from what I've heard the current RPG version is pretty weak. I'm sure it would be easy to use an older or open license system.
    Last edited by UngratefulDead; 12-23-2015 at 09:33 PM.

You have my keyboard, and my below average speeling and grammer construction.

Quote Originally Posted by UngratefulDead View Post
    Just gauging interest, would any of you fubes have any interest in a Cthulu RPG campaign of some kind? I was thinking maybe a combination of forum and occasional chat sessions (our D&D experience has taught me that it can be hard to make those regular, but I'm not averse to that either). It would be set in 1930s. I know these forum-based attempts never last, but I've been in every single one of them as a player, so maybe me as the GM will be the missing link! I also promise not to abandon you for a real-life group like some people.

I'm also not that wedded to the Cthulu part, although it's an RPG setting I've always wanted to try. Mostly I just don't really want to do D&D. I'd be up for Star Wars since everybody's into that again obviously, although from what I've heard the current RPG version is pretty weak. I'm sure it would be easy to use an older or open license system.
    I'm in. FWIW the old West End Games version of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game was pretty good. If you can find it, the old Ghostbusters RPG was very rules-light but entertaining; if you're attracted to the Cthulu stuff but don't want to mess with what I remember as the unusually fussy rules Call of Cthulu had, that might work in a more comedy-horror sort of way.
    2017 NFL Loser’s Pool Champion!

He’d leave little notes for himself saying ‘You are not a chicken,’ although sometimes he thought he hwas lying.

My d20 is ready. I haven't played it, but I got interested in the Neuroshima setting after playing the Neuroshima hex boardgame. Maybe it's worth a look. Although, starting with a system you already know may be the best plan.