Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Stellaris - A P'dox Joint

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
    Absolutely agree. Right now, it's basically like Civ with only one win condition.

You can sort of play as a merchant empire now but you'll never technically win the game.
    In the end, I think that this is what almost every 4x space game gets wrong. Space should feel spacious - there should be lots of opportunities for sabotage, subterfuge, and espionage. Spaceships should feel more like submarines and less like tanks.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

EDIT: Wrong thread, too early.
    Last edited by kingcharlesxii; 03-26-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Took another Stellaris game right up to an endgame crisis over the weekend, but ultimately couldn't prevail. It probably doesn't help that most of the endgame spoilery stuff spawned within my empire's borders.

The dev diaries for the new Stellaris patch look pretty exciting. They seem like they should add a lot of nuance to planet development and empire planning.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

I have finally gotten an empire through the endgame crisis of a game. Of course, I am playing as the XT-489 Eliminator preset empire - so we probably pose as much threat to the galaxy as any invader. I expect to be able to win at this point, as the only enemy left that seems at all challenging is one awakened empire.

Quote Originally Posted by lastplaneout View Post
    I have finally gotten an empire through the endgame crisis of a game. Of course, I am playing as the XT-489 Eliminator preset empire - so we probably pose as much threat to the galaxy as any invader. I expect to be able to win at this point, as the only enemy left that seems at all challenging is one awakened empire.
    I was able to get a domination victory in this game by occupying 40% of all habitable planets. Following this victory as robotic monsters, I'm going to try a game as the United Nations of Earth and try for a more diplomatic approach.