Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 = OVERRATED

6.5 = OVERRATED

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimity View Post
    Johnny hasn't mentioned 6.5 being borken/overrated/not DIPSy enough in more than two years on this board, as far as I can tell.

He's fanboyed every new version, but I'm not sure him saying "THIS IS THE BEST OOTP EVAR!!!!" equates to calling 6.5 overrated.

I never said when he went on the previous kick, just that he did. I know there was some period (probably when v7 was out) that we got what seemed to be at least a post a week along the lines of "6.5's PFs are fucked up!" or "the DIPS is borken!!!!11." I just know we did. Otherwise, I am completely losing my fucking mind, because this was the only board at which Slick and I were both active.

6.5 = OVERRATED

Here was the OOTP progression for me:

v4 = bought it liked it, simmed a lot
    v5 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v6 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v6.5 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v7 = didn't like what I heard, tried the demo over and over and over again after various patches, saw that without a doubt it was a steaming pile of dogshit, never bought it
    v8 = tried the demo, was intrigued, bought it, and then, after an initial flurry of trying to get into it, hardly ever opened it again
    v9 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot

Some Freakish Man-Shark

6.5 = OVERRATED

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Here was the OOTP progression for me:

v4 = bought it liked it, simmed a lot
    v5 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v6 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v6.5 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    v7 = didn't like what I heard, tried the demo over and over and over again after various patches, saw that without a doubt it was a steaming pile of dogshit, never bought it
    v8 = tried the demo, was intrigued, bought it, and then, after an initial flurry of trying to get into it, hardly ever opened it again
    v9 = bought it, liked it, simmed a lot
    For me:

OOTP4 - bought it, liked it, played it
    OOTP5 - bought it, liked it, learned how to do 19th century leagues, played those a TON
    OOTP6 - bought it, liked it, but was burned out arguing with Kuffles over bugs
    OOTP 6.5 - bought it, liked it, played a lot but probably less than OOTP 5 or 6
    OOTP2006 - bought it, played it once or twice, forever regretted wasting my money
    OOTP2007 - bought it, played it a lot, got back into 19th century stuff
    OOTP9 - bought it, liking it
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

6.5 = OVERRATED

3/4: Bought it, loved it, played tons of solo leagues
    5: Bought it, loved it, started commishing/playing in online leagues
    6: Bought it, loved it, almost stopped playing solo leagues entirely
    6.5: wtf
    7: Bought it, pretty much couldn't use it for anything, went back to 6.5, wished I hadn't spent months building up to this great new league I was going to run called TCBA
    8: Joined beta team exclusively to test TCBA and get a free copy since I paid actual money for 7, kept getting stuck on boring teams like "scouting" and "transactions," never got far enough into simming to realize, holy crap, 137 years sure makes the database huge, wished I hadn't spent months building up to actually starting TCBA again, my online leagues switched, still didn't play many solo leagues, decided at the tail end to try TCBA a third time, actually got it off the ground
    9: Best. Version. Ever. Depending on who you ask, I have anywhere from one to five online leagues, and solo leagues even keep my attention for a few seasons.
    10: Highly anticipating.
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

This is good thread. OOTP 6.5 = PURE GARBAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
    Good thread that it had snowman (where is that guy?)

The subject however? Fake news!

I was really into OOTP 0.5. You probably haven't played it, it's really obscure.
    Being smart, don't always make you popular.

Latest TCBA file | Latest CL file

OOTP 0.4 was even better (I was going to say 0.49 but programmers are weird so that would have meant the 49th beta release of version 0).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
    Not to be an asshole, but seriously, why are you bringing this up yet again? Everyone knows your feelings on the subject by now, bud. No one is even arguing with you anymore, now that OOTP 2017 has come along. So what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagrims View Post
    Not to be an asshole, but seriously, why are you bringing this up yet again? Everyone knows your feelings on the subject by now, bud. No one is even arguing with you anymore, now that OOTP 2017 has come along. So what the fuck?
    What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the OOTP Beta Team, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Baseball Mogul, and I have over 300 confirmed lols. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top poster in the entire OOTP beta team. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and Germany and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can insult you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare mind. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed your mama jokes, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Radio.com's Joke of the Day and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.