Page 488 of 511 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5105

Thread: Talk NFL 2014-Present

  1. #4871
    Do not congratulate UngratefulDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    20,305
    Reputation
    4748
    I wonder how many 49ers players need to get arrested before they overtake the Raiders in the punch-line criminal team department. Feels like they must be ranking pretty high in that area over the last half-dozen years or so.
    Last edited by UngratefulDead; 02-11-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    Philadelphia Red Stockings
    Transcontinental Baseball Association
    NYCL/East Champions: 1880, 1881, 1883, 1885, 1887, 1894, 1896, 1901, 1903, 1907, 1914, 1915, 1921
    Transcontinental League Champions: 1880, 1881, 1885, 1896, 1903
    Manager of the Year: 1880, 1881, 1884, 1885, 1887, 1892, 1903, 1905, 1907, 1921

  2. #4872
    I am a F, B, I, Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baseball Town USA
    Posts
    23,006
    Reputation
    5742
    Oh yeah, the 49ers have far outpaced the Raiders in arrests over the past five years (it's silly that we can get enough data in one pro sport to use such a short time span). In fact, there have been more than twice as many arrests involving San Fran players as Oakland players over that span. But, if you shorten it to the past four years, the Raiders have just one arrest (Sean Smith on assault) while the 49ers have had 12. Twelve!

    The twist on this latest one was that the Niners released NaVarro Bowman to give Foster the full time gig. Bowman instantly became one of the few reliable players on the Raiders' defense.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

    Such ingratitude, after all the times I saved your life.

  3. #4873
    Sex worker Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    2,236
    Reputation
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by LivnLegend View Post
    Oh yeah, the 49ers have far outpaced the Raiders in arrests over the past five years (it's silly that we can get enough data in one pro sport to use such a short time span). In fact, there have been more than twice as many arrests involving San Fran players as Oakland players over that span. But, if you shorten it to the past four years, the Raiders have just one arrest (Sean Smith on assault) while the 49ers have had 12. Twelve!

    The twist on this latest one was that the Niners released NaVarro Bowman to give Foster the full time gig. Bowman instantly became one of the few reliable players on the Raiders' defense.
    I recall seeing the Bowman release, and I have little knowledge of the 49ers' cap situation, but that seemed monumentally stupid when they did it THEN, much less now. NaVarro Bowman is a fantastic football player.

  4. #4874
    Sex worker Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    2,236
    Reputation
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by jgross68 View Post
    I've heard the Colts could - and may have to - eat the contracts of the coordinators and other coaches already hired when they bring in someone else. I guess if Andrew Luck is still hurt, which seems pretty likely at this point, they might as well just elevate one of McDaniels' assistants to head coach, because it really won't matter anyway. It's all just one more good reason to hate New England, I guess!
    Frank Reich apparently jumped on that hand grenade. I guess any head coaching job is a good one, even a shitburger job like Indianapolis.

  5. #4875
    IN UR COMPUTER POSTIN Hollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    All along the Eastern Front
    Posts
    42,620
    Reputation
    3962
    If (big if, I know) Andrew Luck comes back as good as new then it's not a bad job at all.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

    Talk Democratic Dysfunction
    Name Two Bands with Andy and Andy

  6. #4876
    Sex worker Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    2,236
    Reputation
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Footage of Prince was projected onto a large curtain. This did not make me think of hologram technology.

  7. #4877
    Jonzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,409
    Reputation
    1300
    What a disgusting act.

  8. #4878
    twins15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    8,682
    Reputation
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    If (big if, I know) Andrew Luck comes back as good as new then it's not a bad job at all.
    Or if (and again, another big if) there is some patience from ownership there, Ballard seems like a GM who knows what he is doing. But there is definitely a dearth of talent outside of a potentially healthy Luck, if that ever happens again.

  9. #4879
    Sex worker Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Del Boca Vista
    Posts
    2,236
    Reputation
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by twins15 View Post
    Or if (and again, another big if) there is some patience from ownership there, Ballard seems like a GM who knows what he is doing. But there is definitely a dearth of talent outside of a potentially healthy Luck, if that ever happens again.
    I'll be surprised if Luck comes back as anything resembling a decent QB. Luck with no arm strength = a really shitty quarterback. Two major shoulder surgeries in two years does not bode well for his future.

  10. #4880
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down East (Sort Of...)
    Posts
    5,800
    Reputation
    1398
    Poor Colts, it is Bert Jones II --- elite, MVP-type QB + shoulder woes = can't throw the ball 10 yards with any zip.

    Basically Peyton Manning at the end, or Steve Walsh his entire career.
    CHICAGO NAVIES, TCBA
    ~
    First in Poles, and sausage rolls
    But last in the Western Division


    OAKLAND OAKS
    CONTINENTAL LEAGUE
    1961 CHAMPIONS

Similar Threads

  1. Texas Rangers 2014-Present
    By swampdragon in forum Talk Sports
    Replies: 926
    Last Post: 09-26-2018, 10:26 PM
  2. I got a late Christmas present
    By JML in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 02:31 AM
  3. Best Christmas Present:
    By Hotblack in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 03:54 AM
  4. Ping: Bartenders, past and present
    By Hotblack in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 04:40 PM
  5. 20Q: Hotblack's best Birthmas present
    By Hotblack in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •