Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3150

Thread: What are you playing?

A Significant Posisbliity TotalEnd98's Avatar
    I finally got really into Civ V when the last expansion came out; that was when it felt like a complete game and not just a weird proof-of-concept for a Civ imitator. I have not been able to get into Civ VI at all, though.
    OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATION OF MASS OH GOD

Longest ever Football Manager save.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...rophies-504990

That's a level of dedication I hope I never develop.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    With a small team like that scouting is pretty difficult but I can definitely give you some pointers. First of all, cancel the scout looking for players on the left side. That doesn't ever work. The first thing you want to do is scout your competition. Generally what I do is a pick a day each week where I go to two teams in the same division and assign the scouts to scout each player on those rosters until full knowledge. The next week do two more teams and so on. When you start getting scouting reports cancel them on any player under three stars. Let the rest keep going until they're fully scouted. Eventually you'll have all the good players in your division scouted. Now here's the tricky part, you want to shortlist any player who it says can be a top player at the division you're in or a potential player at the level above your current level. Does all that make sense? Also, when you gets notices that the scouts want to scout whatever competition go ahead and say yes. They'll start compiling reports on any good players they find. Basically the idea here is to cast as wide a net as possible. You only having three scouts makes it hard so you'll want to ask for more every year but not just yet.
    Thanks, this has helped. I actually never noticed/payed attention to that whole "Very well suited/Decent/etc. at ____ level" thing every scouted player has until I read this, even my own players in the coaches' report. It's very useful. This game hits you with so much detail, sometimes you miss the obvious, I guess. I'm still finding screens and reports I never knew existed too.

One more quick question: How often do you guys rotate your main players? There's a medical report which says they're at higher risk of injury because they've played 3 or 4 games in the last 2 weeks, even though they're still over 90% rested at game time. How long should a guy go playing 2 games a week?

So far I'm 2-1-1, btw. I opened up big, winning my first two games 4-0 and 4-1. My main forward scored 7 of those goals. I think I'm well on my way to 3,000 hours per year with this one, Hollis.
    disco!

I generally try not to start anyone who's below 94% on match day.
    Things can always be worse.

Yeah I'm with mylons but that's not really for injury reasons. Injuries are basically just a crapshoot in the game. There may be a slightly higher risk if players have been playing a ton but the bigger reason that you want to rotate is because tired players just don't perform as well as players who are rested. I use the same 94% ballpark standard but there are variables like how difficult the opponent is and who the backup options are. Speaking of which, quality depth isn't optional in this game, it's imperative. You need to go at least two deep at every position with players you are comfortable playing in basically any match. Because even if you don't have injuries you absolutely will have fatigue.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

dola,

And related to that, in lower leagues like you're playing in now guys who can play multiple positions well are worth their weight in gold.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    OOTP. I've hardly played modern OOTP at all, and I started up a 2017 league as the Angels, of course. It's fun taking over a team that seems utterly hamstrung financially. Of course, in OOTP world Pujols isn't quite the black hole of suck he is in reality.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

I took over the Twins, and Mauer is worse than IRL. Getting rid of his albatross of a contract got me a WS ring by 2019.
    -Jeff
    "Bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
    CL: New Orleans Crescents

"Butterfly Soup" is the best game I've played this year and would be in most years. Bloody brilliant writing and humor leaven this interactive novel. Oh, and baseball is a central theme of the game.

There's a unique version of the Titanic theme that is a side splitter.

It's a pay what you want game and can be downloaded at the link below...

https://brianna-lei.itch.io/butterfly-soup
    Last edited by darkhorse; 12-12-2017 at 02:09 AM.