Page 314 of 315 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315 LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3150

Thread: What are you playing?

dola

There's an announced expansion (which won't come out until February ) called Rise and Fall which looks pretty cool. One of the new features I'm excited for is that cities that aren't happy enough (or culturally relevant or something) can declare independence, and then either operate as independent city states or get absorbed into other civilizations.
    Things can always be worse.

I'd like to see them try that shit on me. I'm gonna go Putin on their asses and re-annex all their Crimeas.
    disco!

Quote Originally Posted by mlyons View Post
    I've been working through Civ VI, trying to win with every civilization. Which takes a long time, because I only play Marathon games on Huge maps.
    I've been doing the same thing but Emperor difficulty, standard size, normal speed. As much as I enjoy the slower pace, it's nice to be able to finish a game in an evening if play fast enough.

Island maps seem to lower the difficulty considerably.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    I played a ton of IV but haven't been able to get into any subsequent version. Maybe it's just that I like Paradox grand strategy better. (I A RACIST)
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Eck View Post
    I played a ton of IV but haven't been able to get into any subsequent version. Maybe it's just that I like Paradox grand strategy better. (I A RACIST)
    They definitely scratch very different itches, for me anyway.
    -Jeff
    "Bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
    CL: New Orleans Crescents

I haven't played much recently because, you know, life and all that, but I like to play both V and VI on a relatively low difficulty mode (in part because I hate the way Civ games cheat with the AI) but on Huge maps with MASSIVE numbers of other civs. I think you can have... 24 on the largest map size? Those games do tend to slow waaaaaaaaaay down in the mid to late game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    They definitely scratch very different itches, for me anyway.
    Same here. Civ is really a casual, not deep game. I have to think all the time when I'm playing CKII, which is both good and bad for entertainment.

I generally try to have a game ready that fills whatever type of mood that I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
    I haven't played much recently because, you know, life and all that, but I like to play both V and VI on a relatively low difficulty mode (in part because I hate the way Civ games cheat with the AI) but on Huge maps with MASSIVE numbers of other civs. I think you can have... 24 on the largest map size? Those games do tend to slow waaaaaaaaaay down in the mid to late game though.
    You can have 12 on the biggest maps. And 24 city states.

Hmm. I thought the number was higher. Still, even with 12 opponents and 24 city states, most of the land out there is pretty much taken once you build out a city or two, and there's a big intricate web of alliances and stuff you have to plow through if you want to take anything more. Also, the more civs there are, the better the chances are that one of them - and that one not being you - got a huge advantage in luck at the start and that feels, I don't know, more organically challenging than the AI just getting bonus techs and more happiness and stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

Actually, I apologize. It looks like you can crank the number of civs up to 20. Sorry, Slick. That might have been a change in one of the recent patches (I'm not sure if there were even 20 civs available when the game was first released).