Page 311 of 311 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311
Results 3,101 to 3,108 of 3108

Thread: What are you playing?

Domina is one I've wanted to try but I'm working on a sizeable backlog of games I actually want to play.

Right now it's the FFXII remaster (love it, one of my favorite FFs) and next on the list is finishing Pillars of Eternity and then maybe FFXV will be finished enough to play the rest of it.

I've also been playing some Civ VI with the new Nubia faction and they seem ridiculously overpowered. I won a game on Emperor for the first time with them and it was easy despite me playing relatively poorly.
    Last edited by kingcharlesxii; 08-01-2017 at 09:00 AM.

The new Persia faction seems pretty overpowered, too, at least going on my first go round with them where I wiped out five civilizations and had a continent all to myself by around 600 AD.
    Things can always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mlyons View Post
    The new Persia faction seems pretty overpowered, too, at least going on my first go round with them where I wiped out five civilizations and had a continent all to myself by around 600 AD.
    I haven't tried Persia yet but Nubia's unique unit is an archer replacement that has one more move, a bit more power and 50% production cost of an archer. It is way too good. If you don't wipe out 2-3 other players immediately after getting archery, you're doing something horribly wrong. Plus it replaced scouts entirely in the two games I played.

Yeah, the Immortal (which is the Persian replacement for the swordsman) is a "melee" unit, but has a two hex ranged attack like an archer and doesn't require iron. It's basically a city-killer, because its melee-level defense and zones of control (which ranged units don't normally have) means it can reduce a city's defenses to nothing in no time flat.
    Things can always be worse.

Too bad they can't strike the final blow when it comes to cities.

Also, I need to try Nubia. Those archers sound amazing.
    disco!

Schindleria Praematurus lastplaneout's Avatar
    I've reinstalled CK2 as the summer semester winds down. I've started as a count in Middle Francia in 769 CE and have managed to work my way up to controlling multiple duchies at 1000 CE. Members of my dynasty control multiple European territories and stand to inherit the Byzantine Empire. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to consolidate these holdings with a couple generations of seniority succession.
    Dick Allen was a true professional singer. He sang in a high, delicate tenor that belied his powerful body.

West of Loathing.

It's made by the people who made the excellent and hilarious Kingdom of Loathing, except this is a stand-alone RPG set in the Old West after cows destroyed everything. It's fantastic and is $10 on Steam right now. Probably my favorite game this year so far.

EDIT: RPS loved it too: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...athing-review/
    Last edited by kingcharlesxii; 08-17-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lastplaneout View Post
    I've reinstalled CK2 as the summer semester winds down. I've started as a count in Middle Francia in 769 CE and have managed to work my way up to controlling multiple duchies at 1000 CE. Members of my dynasty control multiple European territories and stand to inherit the Byzantine Empire. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to consolidate these holdings with a couple generations of seniority succession.
    ne updates?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
    West of Loathing.

It's made by the people who made the excellent and hilarious Kingdom of Loathing, except this is a stand-alone RPG set in the Old West after cows destroyed everything. It's fantastic and is $10 on Steam right now. Probably my favorite game this year so far.
    Thanks! I am loading up Steam now to grab this.