Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: OOTP 18

Quote Originally Posted by UngratefulDead View Post
    Yeah, somehow I'm a little skeptical of a guy who hasn't been able to build a patcher (probably not the term, but you know what I mean) in fifteen years really nailing the cloud.
    Reading between the lines I get the sense that this may not be a thing that Markus himself is working on. I think they have the codebase, they could use AWS or something to fire up multiple, scalable instances of it, and you'd just run it against that, at least in theory. It's a really neat idea although yeah, I feel like I'd rather see Markus stick with working on the "classic" app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by matskralc View Post
    Does this mean H2H is coming???
    The article actually mentioned that's one of the reasons they want to do it because it's too hard with the desktop app.

If it's done right, and with the AWS setup that you mentioned, it could be done in a scalable way. The place I'm working at right now they have it set up where instances of the applications that we used are auto started if needed basis, executing from a master sever configuration that has the application installed on it. When there's a patch, it just updates the current server instances and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
    The article actually mentioned that's one of the reasons they want to do it because it's too hard with the desktop app.
    I'd believe that if it still using the codebased pre version 7. He already redesigned the app from scratch (supposedly) once during a time when games had decent resources for abstracting how to handle network traffic. That it's too hard to do with the current desktop app smells off.
    Last edited by creed; 11-09-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Montreal Royals - 1899-1912, 1915-Present
    New England Midnight Riders - 2026-Present

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
    Reading between the lines I get the sense that this may not be a thing that Markus himself is working on. I think they have the codebase, they could use AWS or something to fire up multiple, scalable instances of it, and you'd just run it against that, at least in theory. It's a really neat idea although yeah, I feel like I'd rather see Markus stick with working on the "classic" app.
    Oh I'm just about 100% sure that they'll need to hire someone else to work on the web app thing. It's a pretty different programming skillset than Markus has, I think. Probably like they did with the 3D engine.

OOTP u hirein?????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Slick View Post
    OOTP u hirein?????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Depends. Can you move to Germany?

Seriously, that was the kicker last time, they wanted someone onsite for a certain period of time, and you had to pay for travel
    Montreal Royals - 1899-1912, 1915-Present
    New England Midnight Riders - 2026-Present

Question for you historical players (since I've never really played with that mode) - how easy is it to take a player on a team and replace him with a historical player and how would I do that?

It's ridiculously easy. You turn on commish mode, delete the player you want to get rid of, then import the player you want (just need the Lehman ID which you can get from BBref IIRC) and then edit the player to put him on the team you want.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

OK that's the part I was unclear on, if I could replace or delete and import. Thanks!

A Significant Posisbliity TotalEnd98's Avatar
    My current frustration is that if I want to do a random-debut historical league, I can't have the historical minor leagues. I don't understand why an accurate minor-league setup is possible with historical players and with fictional players but isn't possible (the option even goes away!) with historical players debuting in random years.
    OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT CONSERVATION OF MASS OH GOD