Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: OOTP 18

Markus releases the final 1.1 GB patch for OOTP18. Such a joy to download those.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=280440

Oh, joy! You just know that the hotfix will also be 1.1 GB, 'cuz that's how Markus ride, bish!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=280549

So I've been playing OOTP solo for the first time in a long time (a historical save with the Cubs starting in Ernie Banks' first full season, not that you asked) and goddamn if this game doesn't crash like all the fucking time. I've had so many full seasons wiped completely out that I've lost count. Outside of that it's really great, actually. The improvements in the historic imports are massive in particular. It used to be that when I tried to play historic baseball I would notice that, like, Joe DiMaggio was rated at 5 in CF and I would then need to correct the defensive and speed ratings for literally every player in the league and, then, every player who came in to the league which naturally meant that I would stop playing after a year at most. That's all corrected now, players import correctly across the board and the addition of the historic minors and negro leagues are fucking awesome as well. But, seriously, this game crashes all the damned time and it's annoying as hell. Unless it's just my computer, which I suppose it might be.
    Reviewing Football Manager is like reviewing Buddhism. Yes, you can do it, but you have to take your time.

Sometimes OOTP18 crashes after I download an updated league file following a new sim, but that's about all I can recall.

The minor league database adds a helluva lot of fun to the game, but the equivalencies are wonky and A ball players are far too often ML ready.
    Last edited by darkhorse; 09-12-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    I have had one crash to desktop playing OOTP18 - about a week ago, after I'd downloaded the new CL league file. None in any solo leagues.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

I haven't had 18 crash but I also switched to the Steam version full-time starting this year. I'm sad Markus gets less money but it's just so much better at this point.

Some Freakish Man-Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcharlesxii View Post
    I haven't had 18 crash but I also switched to the Steam version full-time starting this year. I'm sad Markus gets less money but it's just so much better at this point.
    Oh yeah, I've also been on Steam since OOTP17.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
    Not to speak is to speak.
    Not to act is to act.

I don't think I'm using the Steam version but I haven't had it crash on me yet. One thing that should probably be said is that whenever a new patch gets released, you should auto-save more often. The Steam version gets updated a couple weeks after the patches come out for the non-Steam version, so any "whoops" moments by Markus have time to get corrected. That being said, there hasn't been a new patch in a few weeks so I'm not sure that would cause it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock Treatment podcast, Episode 73
    There is only one Johnny Slick, and he is a son of a bitch.

I am a F, B, I, Agent LivnLegend's Avatar
    Is there a way to adjust rookie qualification status for leagues with shorter schedules? I have seemingly gone through all the league settings tabs but don't see it.
    "[LivnLegend is] the modern master of the productivity-killing genre." - Peter Travers of Rolling Stone

I'm looking for the owner of that horse. He's tall, blonde, he smokes a cigar, and he's a pig!